STAT test results (1 Viewer)

plshelp

HSC
Hey

Ok i want to do vet science in uni and i sat the stat test recently. To get into vet u need a stat of at least 150/200 plus ur atar is above the cut off. My stat result was 160/200.

My question is: Is that stat result going to be good enough for me to get into vet science? I dont know what atar i'll get but if a lot of people are applying for the same course and their atars are around the same do they look at the person with the higher stat result? Or do they look at the other extra curricular stuff?

Should i sit for another test? (the test is over $100 each)

Anyone been in this situation? Lol

mecramarathon

HSC
well its a combination of veterinary commitment form, ATAR and STAT

i'd say a competitive ATAR would be around 98.40 (this was b4 the STAT and form requirement), a competitive STAT 170 + (i believe applicants are ranked rather than the 150/200 being a cut off) and work experience for the veterinary comitment form

it wouldn't hurt to sit the exam again plshelp :p

Vet_Student

HSC
The STAT test isnt as important as your ATAR, they dont really care about it, as long as your STAT test is above 150, you should focus on your ATAR, ATARs 80 percent, STAT 15 percent and Commitment statement 5 percent

Vet_Student

HSC
Not many people even get a STAT score above 150, thats why they put it in, its just like a base cutoff, as long as your over their fine with it

Vet_Student

HSC
Btw my last post was written for a friend of mine, he was lying about his STAT score because most of teh people here are douche bags, his real score was 159, never heard of anyone getting 170 or over, the STAT is a standardising test, their just checking your not a dumb fuck getting 100 or something, its to see basic intelligence, their much more concerned with ATAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)