Stat Test (1 Viewer)

dak1983

i got my stat result back,
is that i juzt look at the overall score ?
And the only thing i need 2 care is that the mark is over 149 or not???

coz i cant understand the per. rank .

So, if my overall score is over 149, then the next thing is waitin the UAI result?
Am i rite??

Thanks

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Yeah pretty much

The percentile rank is just for your own knowledge i think... To know how you rank against everyone else in the state

dak1983

Thanks a lot babydoll_
=-)

but i fink i need 2 re-consider again should i take it or not.
coz Pharmacy seems doesnt get good pay...

even accountin is much more high pay than pharmacy.

Is that rite.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Yes because the demand for pharmacists is going down, cos there's too many concentrated in metropolitan areas

But if you're interested in it, go nuts

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
little question
for pharmacy, are the STAT results and UAI given equal weighting?

e.g.
person 1 has high UAI AND high STAT score
person 2 has high UAI but low STAT score
person 3 has low UAI but high STAT score
person 4 has low UAI and low STAT score

automatically person 2 and 4 are disqualified right? but would person 3 be considered for Pharmacy?

Huy

HSC
N/A
If it's anything like Medicine, they are all given equal weightings.

You would need to have a high UAI, as well as "superior performance" (UMAT), so I would assume you would need a very 'high' (149+, the higher the better your chances) to be accepted into Pharmacy.

I think 2 and 4 will be automatically disqualified, yes. I'm also looking at Person 3, and it depends how "low" we are talking. Person 1 will be accepted, definately. :)

span23

About pharmacy pay, i've heard you get payed heaps more in the country compared to in the city, but thats in an actual pharmacy business. Apparently the pay is pretty crap working in a hospital though.

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
Originally posted by span23
About pharmacy pay, i've heard you get payed heaps more in the country compared to in the city, but thats in an actual pharmacy business. Apparently the pay is pretty crap working in a hospital though.
Pretty much accurate.

And even in business, pay isn't that good unless you own your own.

span23

I think recently in the Age or maybe the Herald there was an article about the income of quite a few professions immediately after graduation. It showed pharmacy right down the bottom, but be careful to notice because it had in brackets (pre registration). I think it was $27,000 per annum, but this would only be in the first year before registration. What isn't clearly stated about the other professions, like dentistry, is that they cannot be employed until they are registered.

korry

HSC
N/A
so is anyone here actually doing pharmacy atm and could tell us a bit abt it...like is it an interesting course? and what kind of careers are u looking into after graduating?

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
they pay is shit first year but can hit around 100k 2nd year (package) if u go west, hospitals pay shit unless u are like senior hten still opushing 100k, own your own and well, watch the money come rolling in. with regards to stat u need 149 plus the appropriate uai, you have to be above both, no weighting. i got 157 in stat and shit uai 89.15, this woulding get me into syd but it would at orange campas because of rural bonus of 5uai, pharmacy at csu wagga is straight uai of 94ish with rural bonus of 5 if u live in rural australia, also if u work in pharmacy in rural ares your can get incentives off government like start up allowences and rent.
i got into early entry at csu wagga in pharmacy.

korry

HSC
N/A
oh i see......so like wat do pharmacists do? is it just like research? or is it like inventing new drugs and stuff?

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
they sell drug , pbs stuff, make sure stuff doesnt react with other shit they are taking, makes sure dose appropriate. you can do research and stuff as well but usually more of a chemist background

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)