STAT test (1 Viewer)

*Pooja*

any1 doing the STAT test for this yr?
any1 know anything about the level of difficulty of the test?if any1 here has done the test b4, would u be able to tell me if it's really really hard or what....

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
STAT is easier than UMAT... and the UMAT wasn't impossible. I heard anything over 150/200 in STAT is good.

Ninga

HSC
STAT is a piece of piss. Way easier that UMAT. I got smashed in UMAT, but i smashed STAT. Didnt even need the mark in the end. Just do the practice questions the send u, and if u have half a brain, u should do right.

*Pooja*

cool! im doing the umat this yr too and got a taste of those crazy shape qs...i was stuffed.......i still am.....i can only do 1 in 6 of those shape thingies...which is bad news 4 me!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ninga
STAT is a piece of piss. Way easier that UMAT. I got smashed in UMAT, but i smashed STAT. Didnt even need the mark in the end. Just do the practice questions the send u, and if u have half a brain, u should do right.
Yeah pretty much what I was gonna say, except I don't do pharm but meh

A lot of it is just common sense and logic

And some of the maths questions are so stupid

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
stat was easy, throw them book they send u out and just rock up if your smart enough to get a uai high enough for pharm, you wont need to study. i got 157 or something, meh who cares

kow_dude

HSC
Is there such thing as STAT past papers?

and what's "UMAT" for?

speed_bump

invalid
they send u out past pappers, but there isnt really any need to bother doing them.... its piss easy

kow_dude

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
UMAT is for medicine/dentistry and physiotherapy/commerce (in melbourne)
So UMAT only apply for those universities in melbourne?

Last edited:

*Pooja*

no kow_dude. UMAT entrance tests r held for entry into med/dent/physio/etc courses all around aust. - like adelaide uni, melb uni, theres one at qld, i think perth, u can also gain entry into med at the university of otago in new zealand! i thought that was cool! so yeah... :uhhuh:

Ninga

HSC
Isn't UMAT for all med courses now? Thought they introduced it into UNSW med too the year after i graduated.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yeah stat is pretty easy, only way youd have trouble is if you didnt speak english very well coz theres lots of reading to do in the exam. Its basically a cross between the english maths and science comps we all did in early high school, comprehension, logic testing, interpreting graphs and stuff is all it is. I got 99.8 (its out of 200 but they give you a percentage mark overall) and i didnt find it hard.

If you want to do more practice questions than those they give you, you can buy a second book of practice q's for like $10, but seriously, you wont need it. WEA also offers stat preparation courses if you want, they just give you more practice questions and advice on how to figure out answers, but those are mainly for mature age ppl who havent done this style of test for a while.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yer.. STAT is easy.. 172..
UMAT isnt too hard... just prepare i guess..
NOTE: nothin in the UMAT or the interview or STAT will prepare u for med or pharm.. they are just stupid barriers..

note.. only uni that dont use UMAT for med.. are undergrad JCU in QLD.. and all the grad entry courses.. which use GAMSAT.

most important thing i didnt do was find out wat the courses are realli like.. e.g how clinically relevant, wat type of course..
i got lucky.. i like my course cos it seems useful..

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
no, other stuff as well, dont no what but yerh i think mature age ppl might do it for some things?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)