State Library NSW (1 Viewer)

Shadow_Valey

HSC
Has anyone studied there? Is it quiet/noisy, good/bad for studying? Whats the atmosphere? Small rooms to study in? Are you allowed to talk, if you go in a study group (3 people)? Is it often full or is there always space? Any opinions?

avro

HSC
Has anyone studied there? Is it quiet/noisy, good/bad for studying? Whats the atmosphere? Small rooms to study in? Are you allowed to talk, if you go in a study group (3 people)? Is it often full or is there always space? Any opinions?
There are rooms to study in. It's a multi level library. The bottom floor where you collect your reserved books has a lot of space from memory. It's just been renovated so it's all pretty new. I've been there a few times and there's always space. And yeah, you can talk quietly, but you obviously have to be respectful. I think that if you get a free library card you get something like 6 hours of web browsing per day at the library? Could be wrong about the time and stuff, but yeah using the computers is free with a library card I'm fairly sure.

madharris

HSC
N/A
There's quite alot of people there but it's still very quite. There are rooms (but only four) so if you're going as a group of 3 you have to be early.
I think it's better to study there alone than to study there with a group (i tried with a group and we couldn't get a room, so it was really difficult to speak as not many people talk there)

sillyboo3

HSC
N/A
It's really nice. It's modern and spacious. But most importantly it has great resources. My Society & Culture teacher took my class there as they have past PIP's and I am definately planning to go back there to do further research. Speaking of PIP's for my Society & Culture major work I'm doing Ethnic Identity and Prejudice in Adolescents as my topic so if any of you guys could fill out my survey it would be much appreciated :) Cheers

http://kwiksurveys.com?s=LMOIKO_20e9c3a7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)