State Rank Mark!! (1 Viewer)

schmickrx3

HSC
Does anyone know what mark would be needed in the metal and engineering exam to achieve a state rank? What were previous state rank marks?

I achieved 77/80 in my half yearly and 76/80 in my trial and was wondering if this is an indication of a possible state rank.

Cheers,

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Well if you are coming first in your class and are very comfortable with getting close to full marks in past HSC papers, then I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

Also, don't settle for thinking you will get good marks just because of past papers and stuff. One question can change everything for you in the final exam. Also, the way you are marked internally is not indicative of too much. The internal papers you did could have been easy too. In perspective in school I was getting 90+ for MX2 but was nowhere near that standard compared to HSC. Our tests were just easy and nicely marked lol.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Well if you are coming first in your class and are very comfortable with getting close to full marks in past HSC papers, then I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

Also, don't settle for thinking you will get good marks just because of past papers and stuff. One question can change everything for you in the final exam. Also, the way you are marked internally is not indicative of too much. The internal papers you did could have been easy too. In perspective in school I was getting 90+ for MX2 but was nowhere near that standard compared to HSC. Our tests were just easy and nicely marked lol.
90 plus for mx2 must be god

schmickrx3

HSC
According to my teacher who has marked the hsc engineering studies exam and the metal and engineering exam for the last 25 years, last years state rank was a 91 (and other years very similar), can anyone confirm this.

schmickrx3

HSC
And l should remind you that this is a VET course!!, where the HSC is worth 100%

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Unfortunately, you cannot achieve a state rank this year as I have already chosen to do so. Sorry :(

Hang on, you can get a state rank if you wish, as long as I can top the state. Metals is a subject where 80% of the whole cohort don't care, 15% are too thick to do it, and the remaining 5% put a little effort in. Half will probably not even bother to turn up to the exam, and most that do turn up to the exam will probably go to sleep. Seriously, there is very little you are up against. My brother achieved a state rank a few years ago with a mark of about 94. I figure topping the state will require about 98%, but I am aiming for 100%.

So see you there! Whilst it is a bludge subject and isn't very demanding, it'll still require a little bit of study for that state rank!

Chz

HSC
According to my teacher who has marked the hsc engineering studies exam and the metal and engineering exam for the last 25 years, last years state rank was a 91 (and other years very similar), can anyone confirm this.
91 final mark? if so, can confirm NOT true

Jesus Christ, you have been repeatedly told by randomly generated
I don't think OP wants to hear the truth

schmickrx3

HSC
Unfortunately, you cannot achieve a state rank this year as I have already chosen to do so. Sorry :(

Hang on, you can get a state rank if you wish, as long as I can top the state. Metals is a subject where 80% of the whole cohort don't care, 15% are too thick to do it, and the remaining 5% put a little effort in. Half will probably not even bother to turn up to the exam, and most that do turn up to the exam will probably go to sleep. Seriously, there is very little you are up against. My brother achieved a state rank a few years ago with a mark of about 94. I figure topping the state will require about 98%, but I am aiming for 100%.

So see you there! Whilst it is a bludge subject and isn't very demanding, it'll still require a little bit of study for that state rank!

Chz
Hahahaha, I wish you all the best, l guess some people have to do well!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)