state rank raw marks (1 Viewer)

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
Hey guys, im aiming for a state rank in MX1 this year, and I was wondering if anybody knows what raw score on the external usually gets someone a state rank (and dont just say 100%, I mean the lowest raw mark)? I go to a selective high, ranked top 30, my course average is nearly 98% and second in the cohort is about 94%. Would I actually need 100% on externals to get a state rank?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I know people that got about 99 HSC mark and probably 99 raw for that matter and no state rank :/ it definitely depends on the cohort every year though!

edit: and how easy/hard the exam is. Obviously, if the exam is difficult, the requirements for a state rank will be lower. Also for a really good chance at state ranking, you'll probably have to look at being first in your cohort.

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
I am currently first by a lot, there is very little chance that i won't be by the end of trials. I'm more concerned with the externals, but yeah i guess i hadn't thought about how much it would vary from year to year. I'll just make 96 my minimum goal then carrotsticks :p

integral95

HSC
be aware that your 4U marks is also taken into account when the 3U ranks are distributed (since there would be around 10-20 getting 100% in the externals)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)