State Rankings (beyond 1st) (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone know if it's possible to view our rankings online in some form of official document (or is the only source- the newspapers from Saturday?) I'm referring to ranks other than first btw.

Thx

7th Sign

HSC
"Australian International School Singapore"

wtf ?

how can their be schools out side of nsw doing the hsc??

Captain pi

HSC
7th Sign said:

wtf ?

How can schools within NSW be doing the IB?

It's the school's decision.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
7th Sign said:

wtf ?

Uh... you've never heard of ex-pats before? That school in Singapore is apparently quite competitive whereby the people pay premium rates (I heard it's $20k a year) to study an Australian syllabus. Overseas in a lot of places, private schools often advertise following a cirriciulum from another country and thus at the end of the course, receive qualifications as if they had been studying domestically within that country.

Iceman145

Unimelb
HSC
I'm actually a student from the Australian International School Singapore (AISS).

Seremify's right, there's plenty of Australian expats here who are reasonably well-off, and can afford the school fees (again seremify's on target) to give their kids an aussie education. Hence we go by the NSW HSC. S'not a bad school, we managed to do quite well this year (a number of top achievers)..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Iceman- do you know if Mr Roger teaches there? I heard he left our school to teach there for a little while.

Btw, to other people, can anyone explain why this person has no surname o_O I'm curious... I thought everyone in Australia had a surname (or at least something to fill in the box besides a full stop).

15150 English as a Second Language Jessica . 5 Ipeka Christian High School

VQ

HSC
My school is outside NSW and we r doing HSC. It is just that the Board of Studies has approved our school to do HSC.

Btw, to other people, can anyone explain why this person has no surname o_O I'm curious... I thought everyone in Australia had a surname (or at least something to fill in the box besides a full stop).
As a matter of fact, Jessica is my friend. And this has been discussed in another thread. Check this out:

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=96806

Iceman145

Unimelb
HSC
Seremify - wow you know Mr Rodger? That's cool. He was our Year 12 coordinator this year. What school did you go to?

Also, i'm curious - how many other Australian international schools are there (or schools overseas that follow the HSC)? I know there's AIS in Singapore, Jakarta, Hong Kong.. anyone know of any others?

VQ

HSC
My school is the only high school in Jakarta (prolly Indonesia) who does the HSC. AIS (Bali n Jakarta) do the ACT curriculum (Canberra's).

I saw the name INTI college in Malaysia who did the HSC as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)