State rankings (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
nayyarv said:
U better

Though in truth, the other guy was just as good as me and i was expecting him to get a mark similar to mine.

We both lost a total of 3 marks in every 2 unit assessment we did (312/315) aggregate, so each mistake counted. We were miles ahead of 3rd and 4th who got aggregrates of about 296 and 295.

Though in reality, if i wasnt challenged, i wouldnt have bothered to try. He really brought out the best in me, and stiff competition is always useful. If the other guy didnt compete so ferociously, i would never have got a state rank.
Anyway, congrats on your victory (poor vocarbulary use here). I am also competing against a guy who is pretty semi-impossible (excuse another poor use of vocabularly) to beat in Mathematics. I am currently behind him by one mark in Mathematics and he manages to get 100% in every exam which pisses me off. But I don't complain as I successfuly absent myself from his result in Mathematics Extension 1 where I am currently beating him by 12% (I got 100% and he got 88%) so that kind of evens out. :) :) :)

nayyarv

His Holiness
HSC
Lol i have the same problem here

The same guy is ahead of me in 3 unit,

but im murdering him in 4unit.

He's like a machine, and doesnt make silly mistakes (which kill me in 3unit)

in 4 unit, the silly mistakes dont matter as much because the exam is impossible to finish and is also very hard. That's why i like 4 unit more than 3 unit

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
nayyarv said:
Lol i have the same problem here

The same guy is ahead of me in 3 unit,

but im murdering him in 4unit.

He's like a machine, and doesnt make silly mistakes (which kill me in 3unit)

in 4 unit, the silly mistakes dont matter as much because the exam is impossible to finish and is also very hard. That's why i like 4 unit more than 3 unit
Didn't you accelerate in Extension 1 Mathematics? I thought Trinity would accelerate in Extension 1 Mathematics as well. By the way, good luck in Extension 1. You would not have problem achieving higer marks than your nerd friend if you invest in more time.

tambourine

HSC
What's the difference between internal and external marks? Stupid question, I know... but I don't know the answer to it :) lol

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
tambourine said:
What's the difference between internal and external marks? Stupid question, I know... but I don't know the answer to it :) lol
Internal mark is what you get at school and external mark is what you get at HSC.

Internal mark is adjusted to HSC mark according to your rank.

tambourine

HSC
Doesn't your HSC mark get adjusted according to your internal assessment marks? I think that's what I've been told..not vice versa.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
tambourine said:
Doesn't your HSC mark get adjusted according to your internal assessment marks? I think that's what I've been told..not vice versa.
That would be unfair, wouldn't it be? In HSC you are competing against everyone in the state but at your school, you only compete with tiny fraction of it. You can trust me on this.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
And some schools set easier internal assessment tasks than others. So that has to be taken into account for.

tambourine

HSC
But doesn't that mean that you'll have to do well in the HSC as opposed to your assignments at school. Because I've been told that your assessments are extremely important for ranking :s
What you are saying seems fair though.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Indeed, your assessments are also important. Keep in mind that your internal and external marks evenly contribute towards your overall HSC mark. So by ensuring that you get a good ranking in your subject and doing well in your HSC exams, you can be ensured that you'll get a decent mark, regardless of what aligning does.

tambourine

HSC
So what you're saying is...do well in your assessments and HSC and that way your UAI will be good? Because they both contribute evenly to it? And your HSC mark is not just the external mark but a combination of internal and external? So you have to rank well in assessments at school and do well in the HSC exam?...What if you rank well in assessments but don't do well in the HSC external exams?

tambourine

HSC
Thanks. I had read that before. I think I just got confused with what you were saying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)