• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

State's Health Care Services (1 Viewer)

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Call me selfish or naive of whatever ... but not everyone gets time off at christmas. My dad is working christmas day AGAIN for about the 10th year straight ... why should they get 6 weeks off!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
wat does ure dad do?
i dunno.. health care professionals are being paid shit for the stuff they put up with.. and if u dun give them lik 6 weeks who the hell would enter health care as a profession?
nurses work their butt of and ppl assault them.. talk about fun career prospects

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
he works for sydney ferries ... and its not like he gets paid extra to work christmas day.

K

katie_tully

My mum is working nightshift over christmas for about the 4th year in a row. She's a registered nurse.

Everybody blames the hospitals. The deaths in Sydney hospitals, the shortage of resources. What news programs and the government never let be known is that there is a serious shortage of nursing staff.
At Canberra, one of the major hospitals in Australia, some staff are working 32 hours straight.
They complain and say that they had to wait 5 hours to be seen in a Sydney hospital; yeah, because there arent enough staff.

THis is mainly due to poor working conditions and shitty pay. The teachers think they have it so rough?
I've seen first hand the shit nurses have to put up with. They're paid peanuts compared to nurses abroad. The health system is shit because the government spends money where it isn't needed. Why spend a billion dollars on foreign aid, when we can't even fund beds for major hospitals?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)