stats and info for graduates and beyond (1 Viewer)

korry

HSC
N/A
hey i was wondering if there are any sites out there that provide info about the areas you can go into and salaries, hours etc

Similar info to that provided on
http://www.gradsonline.edu.au
but information not only referring to graduates but also your career in general.

thanks!

gm

HSC
Anyone know of one which lists bonuses as well?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by gm
Anyone know of one which lists bonuses as well?
Bonuses are usually the discretion of the current human resource management of the business at that particular time... so you won't get a list and if a list exists, it'd be dodgy to say the least.

It's good to see that economists suffer high unemployment... really makes me motivated to continue this course :rolleyes:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Raiks
It's good to see that economists suffer high unemployment... really makes me motivated to continue this course :rolleyes:
Yeah I was doing B.Economics and after figuring out its tedious, and it (the UNSW degree) suffers from 20% graduate unemployment, I switched to Accounting which is more 'secure'

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
Yeah I was doing B.Economics and after figuring out its tedious, and it (the UNSW degree) suffers from 20% graduate unemployment, I switched to Accounting which is more 'secure'
I'm actually finding economics quite interesting although it's probably because I'm doing more policy focused subjects. I shouldn't have a problem with the unemployment as long as I keep my current job and all things remain sweet.... It's that or I'm moving to Canberra for a job, although Economics is more of a generalist major which can allow you to fit into a few different occupations which is a bonus... but as most things tend to do, it all works out in the end, and if it doesn't, I think the answer is called a Dip.Ed :D

Last edited:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by dirty dave
Yes, although that second major in bus law must help as well:)
True, true... but I'd hate to be involved in anything legal, I've only got the major becaue all the bits and pieces I completed for a law degree I was originally doing was more than half of the major requirements so I thought, what the heck, throw a business law major onto it.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I wouldn't say that..... actually, I probably would say that.

I hate LLB, even when I have to walk up the steps of McKinnon, I think of evil things I could do to that law faculty.

TheKey

HSC
today we had a visit from people from energy australia, they pay is something like

1. First year grad = 48k
2. Second year grad = 57k
3. Then if suceful in ur 3rd year u get 77k
4. Something management = 90k-120k
5. forgot what this was 120k+

apparently for the last 2 ur better of doing something called MBA i think he said, though u could still get there by being an elec engineer. Note this was for elec engineering.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yeah, for management and that line of job, an Masters of Business Administration (MBA) tends to be seen as an advantage... But thats pretty decent money for a first year regardless.

santaslayer

HSC
First year for law is only $37k on average :(

But im an excellent mathematician....:p

First year graduate for accounting is $34K

so if i add accounting + law together......hmmmmmmm...yeaa! :p

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by Frigid

LOL UTS graduates get 50K! :p
UOW has a higher employment rate! :p Oh, and you get to go to UOW!!! :D

actually, i'm taking a punt on the employment rate being true, so if it isn't, ahwell

korry

HSC
N/A
hahaha does which uni u went to really depend on how much u get paid?

Kittycat

HSC
Originally posted by korry
hahaha does which uni u went to really depend on how much u get paid?
Yeah pretty much. I mean, there is the award rates & than they may add a bit more on to it if you grad. from a good uni & gets good grades from it.

I know that nursing first years gets over $38k now. That is the award wage. I think nurses from UTS gets the highest pay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)