Statutes (1 Viewer)

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
what exactly do we need to know under this section/ dot point...besides the definition of statutes?

the dot point is under legal framework of employment:
*The employment contract: common law, statutes awards blah blah

also waht do i have to know for agreements and awards?

Last edited:

zingerburger

HSC
Well, yeah, you should know what a statute is.

In terms of employment contracts, statutes govern things like worker's compensation, superannuation, discrimination and OHS.

You should also know that our ER system is changing from a centralised to a decentralised system i.e. movement away from federal agreements to more individual bargaining.

And you should know some important statutes (for use in extended responses) like:
  • Racial Discrimination Act 1975
  • Sex Discrimination Act 1984
  • Affirmative Action (EEO) Act 1986
  • Workplace Relation Act 1996 and the 2005 Amendment (and maybe the new proposed amendments as well).

You should know what an award is, how they are made and evaluated, who makes and evaluates them, and how they have changed in recent years (but I won't give you the answer unless you really, really, really, desperately, really, absolutely need me to tell you).

Same with agreements. But there are two types. You should know the two types.

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
zingerburger said:
Well, yeah, you should know what a statute is.

In terms of employment contracts, statutes govern things like worker's compensation, superannuation, discrimination and OHS.

You should also know that our ER system is changing from a centralised to a decentralised system i.e. movement away from federal agreements to more individual bargaining.

And you should know some important statutes (for use in extended responses) like:
  • Racial Discrimination Act 1975
  • Sex Discrimination Act 1984
  • Affirmative Action (EEO) Act 1986
  • Workplace Relation Act 1996 and the 2005 Amendment (and maybe the new proposed amendments as well).
You should know what an award is, how they are made and evaluated, who makes and evaluates them, and how they have changed in recent years (but I won't give you the answer unless you really, really, really, desperately, really, absolutely need me to tell you).

Same with agreements. But there are two types. You should know the two types.
mmhmm are the agreements... certified and collective?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)