Stay-up Stockings wont stay up! (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
My stockings (the lace ended kind) refuse to stay up. They'll be fine the first time I wear them, but they will loosen themselves from my thigh no matter how I stick them there! So I wear suspenders which is fine and comfortable, but I have issues when I want to wear a bit more of a fitted skirt, or a suit skirt because you can see the suspender-belt through the material..

Any ideas of how to keep them up any other way? Or any ideas why they arent fitting and sticking correctly?

kaylz

HSC
Guys dig the suspender line. Wear it with pride.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I'm more concerned about the daggers other females throw at me with their eyes. You can see them thinking "young slut". Plus, am not really interested in attracting other guys seeing I have my one :)

Lennie

MaryJane said:
My stockings (the lace ended kind) refuse to stay up. They'll be fine the first time I wear them, but they will loosen themselves from my thigh no matter how I stick them there! So I wear suspenders which is fine and comfortable, but I have issues when I want to wear a bit more of a fitted skirt, or a suit skirt because you can see the suspender-belt through the material..

Any ideas of how to keep them up any other way? Or any ideas why they arent fitting and sticking correctly?
It sounds so stupid, but try and use body butter on your skin; something that isnt easily absorbed. If your skin is dry, or waay too smooth, thats probably whats causing it.

If not, maybe invest in a different brand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i just tried the voodoo ones for the first time ever last week and it was weird wearing them but they did stay up
why not just wear regular stockings though?

Lennie

Emily. said:
i just tried the voodoo ones for the first time ever last week and it was weird wearing them but they did stay up
why not just wear regular stockings though?
Yeah the Voodoo ones are good.

The stay ups are better because firstly they are more comfortable once you get used to them, and secondly, you dont feel like your wearing grandma-stockings :p

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
In my experience they stayup for a few ways and then they're just shit.
Maybe the expensive ones are better? Maybe buy them, and if they go shit too I have no advice.
Man that was crap advice.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
EnterNameHere said:
It sounds so stupid, but try and use body butter on your skin; something that isnt easily absorbed. If your skin is dry, or waay too smooth, thats probably whats causing it.

If not, maybe invest in a different brand.
Hmmm... I'll try that!

I own some voodoo ones which I've only worn once because it has a weird pattern. The ones that never fail to fail are Kylie ones which surprised me. I've returned two packets to Myer, but feel bad constantly going back: I had thesame sales assistant both times!

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I use the stay-up stockings that have that line of silicone stuff around the top, and I've found it works.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
try slipping an elastic band on, and roll the top of the stocking over it.

hey, it works, according to my friend :p

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bubz :D said:

yeh, that works. well works for soccer socks, and they fall down all the time, so it in theory work even betterer for your stocking things

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
eat more. its prob cos your legs arent big enough to hold them up. i have no trouble... ;)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
AlleyCat said:
eat more. its prob cos your legs arent big enough to hold them up. i have no trouble... ;)
hahahahhaa.....promoting gaining weight...wow, thats something new. in a fashion thread too....

phantom limb

HSC
N/A
apparently if you put hairspray on your legs before putting on stay-up stockings/long socks/legwarmers, it will stop them from falling down

wanton-wonton

HSC
bubz :D said:

That 'sucks' blood.

Why don't you use sticky tape. Try non-toxic superglue, if there is such a thing.

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
phantom limb said:
apparently if you put hairspray on your legs before putting on stay-up stockings/long socks/legwarmers, it will stop them from falling down
That stops static actually :)

I had this problem for my deb. Stupid trainer made us all wear stockings. I bought a $27 pair (I know!) and they stayed up really well. Apply body butter or moisturiser to the top of your legs and then apply the stocking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)