staying motivated? (1 Viewer)

cheesman

HSC
now all through high school ive been an alright student but my enthusiasm for the hsc burnt out long ago, along with most of the intimidation as well, so im finding it very very hard to study................and am soooooooooo sick of it all....i studied heaps (for me anyway) last wk but ive just bludged today and yesterday, and before that argg, and i feel like i cant do more (or dont want to)
i for one dont have any aims for uni next yr, i could get in if i studied but not having a chosen degree that im dying to do its alot harder to buckle down...oh and im fairly over it lol
anyway is anyone else absolutely struggling with motivation? if not, wat motivates u?

MathsIsWeird

HSC
I am totally with you cheese man i did like 1 and a half weeks of study at the library then stopped for 2 days now i cant be bothereds starting again.
Lucky my UAI aim is only >65 so i think its reachable...I hope.:eek:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
English is in a week & i still haven't finished all my essays - I don't even know if im going to have enough time to practice writing some of them. My motivation went for a walk after the trials - and never returned. Fuck. I too am really sick and tired of attempting to study and trying to make an effort. I just want next month to blow over - FAST.

I haven't studied any math :mad1:
I haven't touched ext eng :mad1:

ARGH!!

Edit: I'm not with it - I mean this month - not next month.

Last edited:

starrysky

HSC
tanjin said:
English is in a week & i still haven't finished all my essays - I don't even know if im going to have enough time to practice writing some of them. My motivation went for a walk after the trials - and never returned. Fuck. I too am really sick and tired of attempting to study and trying to make an effort. I just want next month to blow over - FAST.

I haven't studied any math :mad1:
I haven't touched ext eng :mad1:

ARGH!!
Same here. I swore to myself that I would start studying at midday. It's now four and a half hours later, and all I've done is open my revision book.

That's it. And I'm panicking.

I haven't finished my English Advanced essays.
I haven't even started my Biology notes.
I haven't touched any Mathematics whatsoever.
And I haven't touched EE1 at all.

Lolfail.

On a more serious note: Lolfail. :mad1:

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
starrysky said:
Same here. I swore to myself that I would start studying at midday. It's now four and a half hours later, and all I've done is open my revision book.

That's it. And I'm panicking.

I haven't finished my English Advanced essays.
I haven't even started my Biology notes.
I haven't touched any Mathematics whatsoever.
And I haven't touched EE1 at all.

Lolfail.

On a more serious note: Lolfail. :mad1:
Lol, exactly the same with me :( I am currently sitting here wondering how fast 4 hours went by and I only did a few questions. :(

Ah geez, yeah I agree going through the trials was hard enough, now its the real thing. Bah, so much to do, so very little time. I wish I didn't waste all of September bludging. Freaking motivation.

starrysky

HSC
Shrikar said:
Lol, exactly the same with me :( I am currently sitting here wondering how fast 4 hours went by and I only did a few questions. :(

Ah geez, yeah I agree going through the trials was hard enough, now its the real thing. Bah, so much to do, so very little time. I wish I didn't waste all of September bludging. Freaking motivation.
!!!

Precisely my thought pattern.

Trials over => Bludge => September passes => Bludge => October => Holy shit it's OCTOBER already?!

iUnprepared. iDead. iFail.

Etc. etc.

One week left. And there's so much to cram into that one week if I want to be ready for the exams and not have to worry about making new notes or anything for any subjects.

:mad1:

-panicslykwoah-

cheesman

HSC
personally i think the entire hsc course stretches out FAR too long
the exams should have happened this time last term so we'd have more motivation and enthusiasm and it wouldnt drag on as much as it does now
that way ppl wouldn't burn out as much
plus the syllabuses would have to be shortened!

starrysky

HSC
cheesman said:
personally i think the entire hsc course stretches out FAR too long
the exams should have happened this time last term so we'd have more motivation and enthusiasm and it wouldnt drag on as much as it does now
that way ppl wouldn't burn out as much
plus the syllabuses would have to be shortened!
I don't think it's really the fact that it stretches too long. Rather, maybe it's because we've all graduated, and the time off school pretty much shoots all motivation out of the window ...

... at least that's how it is with me. O_O

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Happens every year. End of year parties, people lose motivation and put study off.

Come these "holidays"/stuvac everyone works out how close the HSC is and wish they had more motivation, had done more work/study etc etc.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
starrysky said:
I don't think it's really the fact that it stretches too long. Rather, maybe it's because we've all graduated, and the time off school pretty much shoots all motivation out of the window ...

... at least that's how it is with me. O_O
No , that's exactly right. After you have graduated you feel like its all over, then you realise that you still have the HSC left. Yeah I agree the Syllabuses are too freaking big.

Maky

HSC
YAY :D

meh..I'm cbbed making a big deal out of the hsc anymore..I'm gonna just let every exam pass my shoulder..and look forward to the ending :D

bassguy

HSC
Totally with you here. We have all that after the HSC as well...I just can't be bothered. I know it's worth 50% and everything, but having already done the half-yearlies and trials makes it seem like it's already over.

Crholic

HSC
bassguy said:
I know it's worth 50% .
IT IS? i thought it was more correct or not? someone said it was more...dont get me wrong im happy if its 50% :D get motivated again buddy you dnt wanna look back and regret it...u only have 4 WEEKS well i do and only 5 exams ahah JUST GO FOR IT WITH EVERYTHING YOU GOT!

good luck

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
i havent touched modern, biology or religion.
Done ONE out of four topics for chem (learnt nothing the entire year)
Two practice exams for maths and nothing for extension.
For english ive done module A.
I still am not motivated and there is one week to go.

So fucking screwed.

williamc

HSC
tanjin said:
LOL.

50% Internal

50% External
theoretically that is right, but practically it isnt.

ie. if ur ranked first 100% on the external unless u do shit and other people kill it.

Most would agree 60 (external)-40(internal) if ur top quintile ranks wise.

Bec-B

HSC
Guys I'm sensing a theme here.
No one is motivated.
Which makes me feel so, so much better about my own suckiness.
I may be an unmotivated loser. But at least everyone else is an unmotivated loser too. :)

original123

*Original Convention*
HSC
If I could explain how unmotivated I was, I would. But words fail to describe the boredom going through me when I turn pages to study Adv. English.I am so, so unmotivated. I need motivation.God. Let this HSC die. Or get struck by lightning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)