Steam Summer Sale 2016 (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
such nice people here :)

On another note, Burnout Paradise won't run on my PC :S :S :S Keeps freezing. But GRID 2 works.

turntaker

HSC
Just bought LIMBO. Best experience I've had in ages.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just bought LIMBO. Best experience I've had in ages.
A great game which I got for free on PSN... not sure if you realise but LIMBO was free for a day on Steam a week ago :( That being said it's pretty amazing, I never finished it though... got quite far through (like chapter 30+?).

turntaker

HSC
A great game which I got for free on PSN... not sure if you realise but LIMBO was free for a day on Steam a week ago :( That being said it's pretty amazing, I never finished it though... got quite far through (like chapter 30+?).
I bought it for $3 from g2a. I don't mind supporting the devs :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I bought it for $3 from g2a. I don't mind supporting the devs :)
$3 is fine. That being said you raise an interesting point - I thought devs still get something even if it's given away free to the end customer.

I ended up buying Insaniquarium for my SP4 so I can play when I'm bored on the plane lol.

turntaker

HSC
$3 is fine. That being said you raise an interesting point - I thought devs still get something even if it's given away free to the end customer.

I ended up buying Insaniquarium for my SP4 so I can play when I'm bored on the plane lol.
Their new game is out. Its called inside . give it a try

turntaker

HSC
haha that would really hurt the devs.

Seriously though, I thought anyone can buy prepaid visa debit cards these days from like the post office? Or maybe Paradoxica meant literally no money in which case the solution is to get a job :)
Lol if you don't have the money or any means of paying for it, I am not against torrenting.

My parents didn't allow me to play games when i was younger and I had to do it without their knowledge. I didn't have a job and even if I did I still wouldn't be able to buy games. The only way for me to enjoy games was to torrent. If it wasn't for downloading pirated games, I would have spent my childhood without them.

I have since bought most games I liked to have them in my steam library.
A lot of people really aren't able to pay for games, and I doubt the developers will go bankrupt.

Most people who can pay and the price is right will pay anyway.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol if you don't have the money or any means of paying for it, I am not against torrenting.

My parents didn't allow me to play games when i was younger and I had to do it without their knowledge. I didn't have a job and even if I did I still wouldn't be able to buy games. The only way for me to enjoy games was to torrent. If it wasn't for downloading pirated games, I would have spent my childhood without them.

I have since bought most games I liked to have them in my steam library.
A lot of people really aren't able to pay for games, and I doubt the developers will go bankrupt.

Most people who can pay and the price is right will pay anyway.
I don't agree with the victimless crime mindset. I'm not perfect and admit my stance on this has definitely changed now that I'm older and work in a field where I create IP... but I would acknowledge here that just because you can't afford something and wouldn't have paid/bought it anyway, doesn't mean you should steal it. Just because you don't get caught, or the person you're stealing from doesn't know, does not make it okay. In this case we're talking about indie games which are made by even smaller devs - if anything, these are the guys who would actually get really hurt by people not paying for their games (not to say stealing from a corporation is any better).

Given the games during sales are <$10, if you can't find a way to make $10, even as a kid, then I think you can suck it up as it's not like gaming is essential for life nor a human right. For a very long time my parents wouldn't buy me gaming and even if they did I was closely monitored so I couldn't play anyway - but we still managed to survive.

I will admit the above is a bit hypocritical of me given I have downloaded things before when I was younger, but as I have grown up and older, I can really see the implications of such a mindset especially when it grows to the masses.

Maybe we just need gaming streaming services to take off again :)

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Anyone who says they can't buy games in this day and age just needs to google for 10mins or literally look at all the payments available. There's literally so many payment methods these days you can do without a proper CC, in addition as Seremify said, it's as easy as getting a prepaid at any post office and filling it up. Torrenting or buying it makes little difference to your parents, it's only if they find you playing it.

These days I would only torrent things which are hard to find and buy (e.g. old old movies, some foreign music etc..) or expensive programs such as adobe software for personal use (even as a student, this stuff is expensive), but pretty rare for me nevertheless.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think I bought way too much random stuff on the sale... time to start playing them.

I also realised I never ended up playing Fallout 4 or Halo 5 despite buying them a while back... damn I'm a software hoarder :(

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
haha that would really hurt the devs.

Seriously though, I thought anyone can buy prepaid visa debit cards these days from like the post office? Or maybe Paradoxica meant literally no money in which case the solution is to get a job :)
The latter. The former is easy but efforts :(

I still remember the struggles from when it took me a year to figure out how Dolphin.exe works and I spent another six months adjusting myself to emulated gaming. No thx.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Do the levels do anything? I got some of them Steam summer sale trading cards but I've never really cared about those things.

On another note, I got Burnout Paradise & Ridge Racer Unbounded to work sortof. Xbox One controller over wireless wouldn't work for Burnout though :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)