Stereotypical Asian Parents (1 Viewer)

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
To physicslover: I think you just need someone to pay attention to you, even if it is through an internet forum. Get a social life out there in the 'real' world.

ongitsanjali

HSC
Pretty fucking obvious how your life would have turned out, you'd be getting owned by Ruse yr 9 kids right now.

Yeah you " dont regret it one bit" but you decided to bring it up twice in this thread, bullshit, it's always on your mind eating away at you, you'll still be thinking about it ten years down the track.

You couldn't even step foot inside the school because of your own insecurities, which are probably valid, you would have gotten academically murdered there, you know deep down you that would have.
as if!! i have quite a few friends that made it into selective and opted out... because they though they could get a more holistic (not exactly the right word... but you know what i mean) education in a normal school. i'm not trashing selective schools, just saying that they aren't really better, as such.

like, i have a friend who got into baulko but rejected it and ended up getting 99.85 last year. and the year before, (in a non private, non selective school) we had 2 people with uais of 100. and, i know someone in baulko who got 78, as well as someone in ruse that got 92.

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
like, i have a friend who got into baulko but rejected it and ended up getting 99.85 last year. and the year before, (in a non private, non selective school) we had 2 people with uais of 100. and, i know someone in baulko who got 78, as well as someone in ruse that got 92.
wow what non-private, non-selective school would have 2 people with 100 UAI?

melonkitten

HSC
so true
and esp
when parents get together
and it's a boast session
"my son got 99.65 in his uai"
well mine got "99.80"
mine got "100" *snap snap*

lols my mum "...mine hasn't even done there uai."

swear, my mum has the largest connections
and every asian kid she knows is better than me in some aspect
and if their not. their not worth knowing.

and plus. like i said
they are NEVER satisified
i came home with a distinction.
where's the high distinction?
i came home with a high distinction..
where's the full marks?
fuk
im not a prodigy.
Invaders Must Dieeeeeeeeee

do do do do do dee dee

dee de de de de de de dee dee

physicslover

HSC
N/A
To physicslover: I think you just need someone to pay attention to you, even if it is through an internet forum. Get a social life out there in the 'real' world.
You've got to be fucking joking. Look at your signature.

2009 HSC:
Half Yearly Exams:
ESL 1st
Physics 1st
Chemistry 1st
Maths Extension 1 1st
Maths Extension 2 3rd :angry:

UAI aim: really->99.4+
but ultimately->100 (perhaps in my dreams)

In order
You're not Australian
You're pissy because you're not ranked 1st in Ex2 Maths
You want a UAI of 99.4+, but in your wet dreams you want one of 100

You're telling me to get a social life?

physicslover

HSC
N/A
GG Internet warrior.

Here you are, going around and correcting all the asians' grammar. Anyone can do that. But I guess it helps you sleep at night.

But what is wrong with saying mate? It's not as bad you you saying 'gook'. Probably indicates how much you really want to be like (and jealous of) asians. Honestly, just save some face and get out. You're such a toolbag.
I wanna be asian so bad. Then I'll get all the pasty, round faced chicks who only wear chuck taylors.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
as if!! i have quite a few friends that made it into selective and opted out... because they though they could get a more holistic (not exactly the right word... but you know what i mean) education in a normal school. i'm not trashing selective schools, just saying that they aren't really better, as such.

That's encouraging, thank you :D

But i guess another major factor was as you said how you learn at selective schools. I wanted a good school that has good teachers were i don't need a tutor to survive/would have to sit at home and study like hell to keep up good ranks. Based on that, i chose the right option :)

Another major travel was distance - i would've most likely moved which i didn't want. Otherwise I would've be forced to catch the train for about an hour to and fro every school day =="

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
You've got to be fucking joking. Look at your signature.

2009 HSC:
Half Yearly Exams:
ESL 1st
Physics 1st
Chemistry 1st
Maths Extension 1 1st
Maths Extension 2 3rd :angry:

UAI aim: really->99.4+
but ultimately->100 (perhaps in my dreams)

In order
You're not Australian
You're pissy because you're not ranked 1st in Ex2 Maths
You want a UAI of 99.4+, but in your wet dreams you want one of 100

You're telling me to get a social life?
My Reply:
"In order"
"You're not Australian": True, I'm not. So what? I never said I was.
"You're pissy because you're not ranked 1st in Ex2 Maths": This is more because I panicked during the exam. I could have got 1st if I was calm. I lost about 12~15% of marks JUST BECAUSE I panicked. (I tried the exam again without looking at the solutions for except one 3-marker question that I am sure I couldn't do myself however good condition I was in and I got 100% whereas I got 83% in the actual task so wtf..)
"You want a UAI of 99.4+, but in your wet dreams you want one of 100": I wonder why the dream must be wet and also, I wish I can get 100. If you can get 100, you would want it, wouldn't you? If you seriously don't want it, you are not keen to go to a 'good' university and enhance your possible career choices.

Moreover, those ranks may be achieved by working very hard for 2~3 weeks prior to the exam period, although one, of course, needs to know a fair bit even before studying. This can be achieved by attending classes regularly, instead of truenting or sleeping in class. (excluding maybe in top 50 schools? [I have never been to those schools and thus am not able to be sure about this.] and surely one attending JRAHS would require many more study hours to obtain those ranks).

This leaves me a wealth of time to have so-called a 'social life.'

Last edited:

physicslover

HSC
N/A
My Reply:
"In order"
"You're pissy because you're not ranked 1st in Ex2 Maths": This is more because I panicked during the exam. I could have got 1st if I was calm. I lost about 12~15% of marks JUST BECAUSE I panicked. (I tried the exam again without looking at the solutions for except one 3-marker question that I am sure I couldn't do myself however good condition I was in and I got 100% whereas I got 83% in the actual task so wtf..)
"You want a UAI of 99.4+, but in your wet dreams you want one of 100": I wonder why the dream must be wet and also, I wish I can get 100. If you can get 100, you would want it, wouldn't you? If you seriously don't want it, you are not keen to go to a 'good' university and enhance your possible career choices.

Moreover, those ranks may be achieved by working very hard for 2~3 weeks prior to the exam period, although one, of course, needs to know a fair bit even before studying. This can be achieved by attending classes regularly, instead of truenting or sleeping in class. (excluding maybe in top 50 schools? [I have never been to those schools and thus am not able to be sure about this.] and surely one attending JRAHS would require many more study hours to obtain those ranks).

You really are a true Asian. You're complaining and making excuses about how you werent calm in the exam and thats why you lost marks. Just accept that you suck.

Funnily enough not everyone aspires for 100, I wonder why. I think there are plenty of options for the peasants who get 99.5 and under.

No you dont have a "wealth of time to have so-called a 'social life'," because clearly you spend your life locked up in your room studying.

boris

Banned
HSC
for starters, i'm not even asian :p
the only difference between my ancestors and yours is that mine came a few centuries later, and they weren't in chains. you wanker, i was born here AND that boat nonsense was sensationalist bullshit howard made up to scrape votes, with absolutely no evidence backing it at all.
i'm not saying that what his/her parents are doing is right, all i'm saying is that you have to appreciate the thought behind it. they do it because they care. and fyi my parents aren't that pushy. i know there are many people in the world that are better than i am in many, many ways. your point was...?
haha what the fuck did that have to do with his argument at all?

Get out of my country yellow terror

lols nope i'm definitely not asian.

well, indian doesn't count as asian, does it?
India is part of Asia.

Fuck you all got trolled hard.

You dipshits.

gg physics guy i couldnt have done that well if i tryed

ITT: dumb cunts and the yellow peril

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
My Reply:
"In order"

stfu, and u cant get 100

Uncle

Banned
HSC
fuck selective schools.
fuck them.
FUCK THEM HARD.

i used to go to a selective full of wogs and the worst asians out of all the asians i have ever seen.
what a shithouse of a school.

then i transferred to my local school afterwards which is two-thirds white.
the quality of the students were better
generally much better.

you know what.

your mum

and every one
stop hate spamming

just cause your all pussy's
to meet up and bash the crap outta each other
lol

Yes you can

First example:

Random#1: i liek to play R00nscape for 8 hourz a day to maintain my rank!
Me: What a fucking spanner

Second example:

Random#1: *walking down the street eating two big macs* I rate food higher than sex
Me: You're a fat hopeless shit
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

FUCK.

Why I could not have said it any better.

GG Internet warrior.

Here you are, going around and correcting all the asians' grammar. Anyone can do that. But I guess it helps you sleep at night.

But what is wrong with saying mate? It's not as bad you you saying 'gook'. Probably indicates how much you really want to be like (and jealous of) asians. Honestly, just save some face and get out. You're such a toolbag.
He's out!
+b for physicslover!

haha what the fuck did that have to do with his argument at all?

Get out of my country yellow terror

India is part of Asia.

Fuck you all got trolled hard.

You dipshits.

gg physics guy i couldnt have done that well if i tryed

ITT: dumb cunts and the yellow peril
Aboriginal says:
Get out of my country paleface.

ahahahahaahha A+ trolling in this thread

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
"You really are a true Asian. You're complaining and making excuses about how you werent calm in the exam and thats why you lost marks. Just accept that you suck."-You could be true, but I don't care because I still have a possibility of recovering themarks I've lost. And I don't want to listen to someone who gets lower rank/mark than me saying "you suck."

"Funnily enough not everyone aspires for 100, I wonder why. I think there are plenty of options for the peasants who get 99.5 and under."-Well, you are quite right in saying "not everyone aspires for 100." That's due to hard work involved. However, my point was this: ask them "I can give you 100 UAI. Do you want it if I'm indeed being serious?" I reckon most people will say "Yes, I want it."

"No you dont have a "wealth of time to have so-called a 'social life'," because clearly you spend your life locked up in your room studying."
Flaw 1: I don't have a computer and internet to write this on BoS in my room. Therefore, I'm not locked up in my room studying.
Flaw 2: You don't even know me. On what basis are you making such a judgement?

boris

Banned
HSC
fuck selective schools.
fuck them.
FUCK THEM HARD.

i used to go to a selective full of wogs and the worst asians out of all the asians i have ever seen.
what a shithouse of a school.

then i transferred to my local school afterwards which is two-thirds white.
the quality of the students were better
generally much better.

lol

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

FUCK.

Why I could not have said it any better.

He's out!
+b for physicslover!

Aboriginal says:
Get out of my country paleface.

more like "gimme a smoke you white cunt"

come on man you know the drill

boris

Banned
HSC
haha fuck i love that

look up abo idol

funny shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)