Sticking cardboard L plates on (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
I drive my Mum's car, a Toyota Echo. See pictures below. As you can see, it's not practical for me to stick my L plates into the number plates as the number plates are situated too low on the body of the car, so that no-one can see it. I've been putting my L plates on the lower left hand side of both windscreen and back window, but I find a lot of drivers horn me because they think I'm a full licence driver who can't drive, instaed of an L plater (particularly at night), i.e. in other words my L plates can't be seen well.

So how can I go about putting my L plates on somewhere less obscure? They're cardboard plates, and I was thinking blue tack, but, as I said, it's my Mum's car so I can't stick them on on a permanent basis, and I'm scared blue tack will wear off everytime I repeatedly stick them on and off again.

tennille

HSC
Have you considered getting magnetic L plates or the plastic ones that stick to the windscreen (assuming the windows aren't too tinted)? They shouldn't cost too much.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I don't see why people wouldn't see them tucked under the number plates because they are low on the body of the car? especially the front one?

But to answer your question, maybe magnetic ones, although they have been known to fall off and damage the paint on the car.

Maybe you can invent some way to hang them from the inside of the boot or up from the number plate?

tennille

HSC
When I did the DART, I sticky-taped mine under the number plate. Your number plates aren't that low.

Zozo6969

HSC
lol, people arent beeping because they think ur on ur blacks and they cant c the l plates, its just because they got pissed off @ u 4 doin something wrong. ur just another driver on the road 2 them so they can blow their horn if ur an l plater or not.

also, about the l plates being too low on the car, they cant be that low because it is at least at ride height, and if they put number plates there which have smaller writing and need to be seen clearly, y wouldnt u b able to jus put the plates there.

yosemite sam

HSC
get the ones that stick to your windows...theyre like $3 at kmart and they go on the inside so they dont fall off and they are see thru so they dont make blind spots or whatever. everyone can see them cos theyre reflective for at night too.

faintygirl83

HSC
N/A
Get the L plates that stick onto the inside of the car windows. They easily peel on and off the window and can be reused. They're sold at Big W I think for about $3.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I used scotch tape on my L's.

But for my P's, my rear is the magnetic one (since window is tinted) but the front is stuck inside the windshield.

CieL

HSC
lala2 said:
So how can I go about putting my L plates on somewhere less obscure? They're cardboard plates, and I was thinking blue tack, but, as I said, it's my Mum's car so I can't stick them on on a permanent basis, and I'm scared blue tack will wear off everytime I repeatedly stick them on and off again.
I dont think blutack is a good idea... Especially when the body of the car gets hot, blutack tends to melt a bit... Well, I had some on my wall and I ended up ripping a chunk of wall out...

I dont believe your number plate is too low.. I just stuck my L plates on the side of the number plate.. Didnt really care if you could only see 1/3 of the Ls, the cops didnt seem to care either.. =P

macoboi

HSC
they should be fine in the number plates, our work cars are echo's, and thats where we put the number plates, and in my town, delivery cars get pulled over on average 2-3 times a night, and no one has ever got in trouble for poorly displayed plates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)