Stitch (1 Viewer)

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
You know that pain in your lower stomach you get after exercise if you're unfit like me :eek: what is that caused by and how can I stop it from happening?

lychnobity

HSC
idk what its caused by, but depending on the side the stitch is on, bend over on that side and take about 5 deep breaths.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
no no, i know lactic acid buildup is due to anaerobic respiration, i thought that a side stitch was completely different, but i just read some sites, and yes anaerobic respiration is another reason why u get a side stitch, my bad :eek:

but its also got something to do with the liver too.

Last edited:

Fext

HSC
just don't eat or drink heaps before or during exercise.

pattherat111

HSC
i was told by a physio that i know that its due to the diaphram being pushed up into the ribs or something like that.

A way to stop it he said was to breathe using your stomach sounds weird i know, a little to hard to explain online

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
no no, i know lactic acid buildup is due to anaerobic respiration, i thought that a side stitch was completely different, but i just read some sites, and yes anaerobic respiration is another reason why u get a side stitch, my bad :eek:

but its also got something to do with the liver too.
Lactic acid does not exist as an acid in the body
Lactate does not cause muscle fatigue
Muscle never operates anaerobically

Lactic acid, myths,legends and reality - the ABC - A Time-to-Run - Exercise Physiology scientific aspects of various topics that interest runners

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
You know that pain in your lower stomach you get after exercise if you're unfit like me :eek: what is that caused by and how can I stop it from happening?
Our P.E teacher said it's caused by drinking too much water immediately before you exercise. I think it might also be caused by dehydration;

likingtherain

HSC
N/A
Stitches are caused by an evil guy with a needle. I know cause I once fell off my bike and hit my head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)