stockbroker (2 Viewers)

mz_alliteration

HSC
Hi I was thinking of becoming a stockbroker. Howver I am clueless about the courses to choose in uni. Can someone help me?

mcs

HSC
You need to do a commerce degree, either a B Comm or B Fin depending on the uni- ask your careers advisor when you get back to school or look up uni websites/ handbooks etc etc. Its all in there!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Here's something that will piss you off.

My friend got a uai of 50.1 or something, got employed while he was working at Strathfield Car Radio selling the boss something, is now a derivatives dealer for the company which is within Macquarie Bank and he is currently completing a certificate paid by the company to become a stockbroker. He'll officially BE one in February.

He is the richest out of my friends.

Hurts the stomach doesn't it?

mcs

HSC
f**k me talk about a nice ride to the top.... saying that I dont really like Mac Bank- I had 3 lecturers last year at Uni that worked for them and talk about arrogant wankers! It just seems to have a culture that breeds them. im sure its only cause Ive had a limited exposureto people from there, but I think there is something there.

What that shows though is a Uni degree etc etc is not necessarily the only way to get where you want! Good luck to him though, sounds like he's turned what a half chance into a great opportunity!

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
well from what i remember, it's not entirely necessary to have any university degrees to be qualified as a stockbroker. All you need to do is pass the exams and interviews and they might take you in.

i got burnt ages ago when in was in this interview for a scholarship and i mentioned being a stockbroker would be interesting. The interviewer was like ..'u don't need to go to uni to be one.' ><

xclo

HSC
from work experience at a stock broking firm, the best option is an accounting course. however, if u know what stock brokers do, it's barely anything finance related, they're basically just sales pitching telemarketers with another name

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)