stop motion movies (1 Viewer)

hecheeseman

HSC
ok so i have 2-3 weeks to make a 2 min stop motion movie. stressing out cause i've never made one just some other short films, nothing serious and we just handed in our BOW to the markers at our school for our trial and they told me I should make a movie. Does anyone know the basics of making a stop motion film?

any info would be brilliant

thanks

johony

HSC
two ways:

- take lots and lots and lots of photos and then compile them on to premiere or windows movie maker.
- film your scene and edit it as such where it becomes a stop motion film.

yer8899

HSC
- digital camera with shitloads of memory
- a tripod or something similar so the camera doesnt shake
- frames per second 5-30. 30 being extremely smooth movements, 5 being really crap
- once youve finished taking the pics, import to movie maker program

hecheeseman

HSC
two ways:

- take lots and lots and lots of photos and then compile them on to premiere or windows movie maker.
- film your scene and edit it as such where it becomes a stop motion film.
which one is easier? cause it seems like the first one would be simpler as its all in camera editing but i don't know..

johony

HSC
which one is easier? cause it seems like the first one would be simpler as its all in camera editing but i don't know..
the first one is much easier
but the second one has room for error, with photos if you miss a shot or the object is badly placed it can ruin the whole scene.

hecheeseman

HSC
ok so if i take a photo and then maybe move 2 paces and then take another one will that be sufficient? sorry i know nothing about this.. im basing it on a stop motion movie:

YouTube - Stop Motion

is it best to film this backwards or forewards?

thanks

Bites

HSC
I'm doing a stop motion film as well, so far its 2000 photos and has taken me 7 months to create. It needs to be 4000 photos to make 3:19 film. I have 2 weeks, I'm so fucked.

middlegrey

HSC
N/A
you need a still digital camera, a tripod, actors (animate or inanimate objects) a video editing software program like, movie maker, imovies, final cut pro or premiere and photoshop.

The big challenge for you is knowing how to use one of these programs, I've used imoves (mac) for other projects, but only premiere for stop motion.

Any help?

middlegrey

HSC
N/A
All you photographs are digital and you have access to premiere and photoshop you will be fine, no reason why you cant get the project finished in a few hours.

hecheeseman

HSC
just finished it! its really jerky but thats how i wanted it, ive got 544 shots for 2 minutes of film and im in love with it!

Thankyou to everyone for their advice and help.
xx

Bites

HSC
just finished it! its really jerky but thats how i wanted it, ive got 544 shots for 2 minutes of film and im in love with it!

Thankyou to everyone for their advice and help.
xx
Art films have to get over 3 minutes....
What was your frame rate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)