Stopping voltage (1 Viewer)

ashtor

HSC
correct...not in the syllabus tho....
elias??

snoopwogg

HSC
You are damn right! It is Elias .... dont know about the stopping voltage thing though.. wtf is going on there? :\ ... weird stuff.. elias stick to 4u maths m8 ;)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
its in the jacaranda, electrons in a vacuum tube are excited by the photelectric effect , causing a current to flow, stopping voltage is the voltage applied across the electrodes that is required to stop that current. i dont think that is in the syllabus

kheir

HSC
ashtor and snoop i think u have been giving misleading info the lenard expt clearly shows that an external stopping voltage is applpied to sto pphotoelectron flow the stoppage of the elctron flow can be plotted on a graph this graoh can then be extrapolated to the x axis giving the stopping voltage if u udnt understand me i guess i could xplain it to u at skool cheerio!!!!!

wahashtini

WLAK YA JHASHHHHH (sedoo), dont say names, ASIO, is listening to this convo. especially for Mr EaZy, counter terrorist forces r on his tail, for so many yrs. Dont ruin it for him NoW.

edd91

HSC
2002 HSC Q 25)c) seems to be testing something similar to this, right?

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
yeah ^^^ constipated skunk said it. basically the stopping voltage is used to determine the voltage of the current produced. in practice (well we did) its what u use to measure it

while not in syllabus, its nothing hard, but nice to know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)