story names (1 Viewer)

classics_chic

HSC
You can name it "untitled" although apparently that's starting to get a bit old. I named mine the day before I handed it in.

I called it "Abstract Entity" because screwed if anyone knows what was going on in my main character's head!

chandelier

Mine is called Glass, Death and Porcelian.
I usually suck at titles, but it was one of the first things I came up with and it's pretty significant to the whole overall effect of the story. Mine's a 3 part story and each seperate story uses imagery from the seperate bits of the title, and it represents mood and....maybe it only makes sense to me.

co+ca

im calling mine "Thy Will Be Done"... i think...cos my story is about a woman with religious mania... sort of... and that was the only thing i could think of. it sounds pretty corny though, so i may change it.
although i could call it "How to do things which need to be done and the subsequent doing of these things which i have just mentioned." snappy, dont you think?

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
right now im in year 11 and i plan to write something in the horror genre i am thinking.. cos that's what i like doing.. and sometimes i like to scare myself when i write xD~..

i was thinking of a sort of psychological horror sorta thing.. where its like.. 3 - 4 main characters.. and then somehow its like something controls them and i will write from the perspective of each of them and stuff.. and keep switching. cos that's what a lot of horror stories do i think.. and then.. alot of the writing will be like their thoughts... which will create the scariness.. xD~. . . and i plan to call it "In Your Eyes". but it doesn't really sound scary... oO mayb even make more scary :p

oh and the ending will not really end.. and yeh.. more scary. xD~

u think that would work? u experts.. :p cos horror i rkn needs alot of setting atmosphere and stuff,... i havent actually done any research yet tho on genre or anything.

pitted

HSC
N/A
well still no name....

all the other ideas are good

none directly fit mine though :(

definitely not untitled - my aim is to be in the showcase (does anyone know how they pick the works? and if so do they notify the composer?)

well 23rd of august i will name it

what the name will be is an entirely different matter - but name it i will

ill keep u posted

ciao

Shamburger

HSC
You're going for an understated tone for your split realities story, right. How about fatal choice/mortal choice? Or shattered glass? I dunno, I was lucky with mine - I stole my title from a song title :p

pitted

HSC
N/A
yeah good idea but not really suited to my story

i know ill get one

i just have to spend a day in solitary confinement

ah if only that was possible

well back to study for the trials - anyone doing 4U maths???? did anyone else find it hard? is my class the only one?

zhongie

HSC
Well, mine's called...*drumroll*

Electric Samurai: A Tale in Three and a Half Acts.

Feedback? What do people think?

My friends say it reminds them of eighties/neon kind of thing...

mayhemily

HSC
mine was going to be 'shattered glass' but then i realised there is that movie with the same name and it lost its appeal. and now it doesn't really fit my work anyway so im screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewed. i think i'm going to juxtapose 2 random words from the dictionary and justify it as encompassing the random and coincidental nature of my work and its postmod structure. Or something.

KungPow

HSC
Re:

zhongie: I like the title. Sounds very interesting. Don't know why but it sounds like a humourous piece to me. Maybe it's the word "electric."

amoz: The title sounded more like the first sentence of your story (was it?). Quirky and interesting, but it sounds a bit like a primary school speech or something. But if thats your angle, then by all means...

J

jhakka

"This is not a love story"

I'm not going with that, but it's cool. :D

Danger Rose

What do you guys think of "The Life Wheel" ?
Though I'm not sure if it'll stay... Stupid titles! It's so hard to come up with one that doesn't make you sound like a brain-dead zombie who's stayed up half the nite trying to get their major work finished... hehe good thing I've finished

J

jhakka

Monkey Butler said:
Isn't there a song called "this is not a love poem"?
There's one called (This Is Not A) Love Song by Public Image Ltd.

I've finally decided to go with the name of my central character, Rodney.

Hmm... someone should call theirs "I can't believe it's not postmodern!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)