Stranger Than Fiction - Will Ferrell, Emma Thompson, Maggie Gyllenhaal (1 Viewer)

Pilgrim

HSC
Ive never heard of the concept before, but i think its a pretty good one. Ill be seeing it for sure, looks good.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
hahaha this movie

I saw it yesterday. I love it. I absolutely adore it.

Don't expect total amazingness, it's just a comedy.

lengy

HSC
I didn't like Anchorman that much but I liked Talledega Nights. I read about the film concept and really like the idea and wants to watch it.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
He's not too loud and obnoxious like he normally is in this film. Which is perfect.

Just lets the movie have its own identity rather than it be "another Ferrell movie"

Last edited:

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
Saw it a couple days ago. Not bad, but I thought it could have been better. I liked all the bits where she was narrating and he was getting stressed out. I know it wasn't supposed to be a straight-out comedy, but I would have liked it if there was more of that.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
don't go in expecting a typical will ferral comedy

i fucking love will ferral

i loved the movie, he was so good in it too. so was dustin hoffman.

Great movie.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
a well constructed piece of art full of entertainment!

keeps you guessing how it will end.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
I usually can't stand Will Ferrell and I loved it. And supporting cast = <3333

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i saw it a week ago- god emma thompson was good as the eccentric author, usually she annoys me in certain films...

plus im secretly in love with mg ;)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I didn't really like it.

It wasn't really very well written for the most part, although Will Ferrell was very likeable and the character was different from what he normally plays, I just couldn't really get into it.

The part that Tulipa said she liked for me was rather alienating, but in an unnecessary way.

The shame of it was, the cast did a good job with the material they had, but for such an original idea it wasn't really pulled off as I would have liked.

Something about this movie was just trying too hard, I can't quite put my finger on it though.

Dustin's performance didn't thrill me like it usually does...

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
AlleyCat said:
I didn't really like it.

It wasn't really very well written for the most part, although Will Ferrell was very likeable and the character was different from what he normally plays, I just couldn't really get into it.

The part that Tulipa said she liked for me was rather alienating, but in an unnecessary way.

The shame of it was, the cast did a good job with the material they had, but for such an original idea it wasn't really pulled off as I would have liked.

Something about this movie was just trying too hard, I can't quite put my finger on it though.

Dustin's performance didn't thrill me like it usually does...
it's not that i didn't like the movie, cause i did, but i felt the concept had the potential to be much more interesting than it was. apart from the ending, which was the only thing stopping the film from being totally forgettable, the main premise wasn't explored as much as it could have been

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
crazyhomo said:
it's not that i didn't like the movie, cause i did, but i felt the concept had the potential to be much more interesting than it was. apart from the ending, which was the only thing stopping the film from being totally forgettable, the main premise wasn't explored as much as it could have been
Absolutely agree!

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
mmmm i see where u guys r coming from

i thought they should have let him die possibly, but thats not family friendly idea in the end i guess

Last edited by a moderator:

icecreamdisco

HSC
i agree with alleycat and crazyhomo.

great concept, somewhat squandered. i enjoyed the cast and the jokes, but i could never escape the feeling that i was watching a FASCINATING film trapped inside a merely enjoyable one.

michel gondry remake, plz!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)