strengthening joints (1 Viewer)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
does anyone know exercises that can help to strengthen joints? be that ankle, knee, wrist, elbows, etc etc

funniboi

HSC
physiotherapy worked for me, and several home exercises, cause i popped my shoulder joint and yeah, i had to strengthn it so it doesnt come out again...

just make it so the muscle gets hard around it or something, i cant remember what they said exactly, it was a while ago.

but yeah i hope that helps.

hamsterMan

HSC
yeh i want that too. and i want to no exercises for toning my bum

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
a good one for ankles that we are supposed to do before tapping etc.. is to how do i explain... like rotate them?? clockwise then anti clockwise.. then umm.. another one you do is point your foot directly forward, hold then flex it backwards and hold.. do that a few times on each foot and not only does it help the ankles.. (both of the excerisies) but it also warms up ur in-step.. there are more but for the life of me i couldnt remember at the moment.. :)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
that happens to my shoulders sometimes it's a really painful sound :/

tempco

HSC
joints make certain weird sounds (my knees have this clicking noise) when they are at a certain angle. it's natural.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
nekkid said:
joints make certain weird sounds (my knees have this clicking noise) when they are at a certain angle. it's natural.
Yep, some noises are natural and are fine. However, if you feel that the noises are getting worse and/or you are feeling some pain, go see the a psysiotherapist or equivalent.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
Yep, some noises are natural and are fine. However, if you feel that the noises are getting worse and/or you are feeling some pain, go see the a psysiotherapist or equivalent.
Lol. I'll remember that next time my hips pop out of joint...Which will be when I get up...

twiddla

As a physio student I can tell you that you can never actually "strengthen" a joint. The action performed using a joint will be increased mainly by increasing the strength of muscles around it (tendons can't really be strengthened) and the stability of the joint can also be increased in a similar manner. proprioceptive exercises for balance will also allow your muscles to react quicker and thus reduce your chances of rolling your eankle or putting your knee out. In regards to joint noises - go by the rule that if it is painful there is probably something wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Nicho said:
As a physio student I can tell you that you can never actually "strengthen" a joint. The action performed using a joint will be increased mainly by increasing the strength of muscles around it (tendons can't really be strengthened) and the stability of the joint can also be increased in a similar manner. proprioceptive exercises for balance will also allow your muscles to react quicker and thus reduce your chances of rolling your eankle or putting your knee out. In regards to joint noises - go by the rule that if it is painful there is probably something wrong.
Yep, that is why I said resistance training will be of benefit. I understand tendons cannot be strengthed much (if at all), and can not undergo hypertrophy, however resistance training will benefit the support and stability of joints.

It is a scientific fact for example, that squats strengthen the knee joint.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Nicho said:
ummm, thanks for that. im not a physio student and i know you cant actually strengthen joints, but i assumed you'd adopt the basic idea of strengthening around the joints and as you said, reflexes etc etc

but thanks for the iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinformation peoples

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)