stress relief (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i try and take onboard to much stuff to do, and then i get really stressed and worked up over absolutely nothing. one crazy thing ive always done when im stressing about uni, is i write a list of every single thing ive got to do. which doesent sound crazy at all, but what i do, is i see how much work ive got and stress out about it to the point where i dont really do anything productively.

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
wat r u stressed abt exactly? cos it would have diff solutions

maybe facing the problem (bytalking abt it, or doing sth productive abt it)

if its uni work stress, i find that going shopping really helps. it makes u feel accomplished, and best if u find something that looks good on u cos then u feel like u look more confident and capable =)

writing nice lil encouraging quotes and sticking them around ur room helps for me... =)

and also walking along a beach or just connecting with nature..running away from the city for a brief moment

maybe u need a holiday..just away from it all.. say go to port stephens or sth..away from ur hometown

em_516

bludging..
HSC
daiana said:
wat r u stressed abt exactly? cos it would have diff solutions

maybe facing the problem (bytalking abt it, or doing sth productive abt it)

if its uni work stress, i find that going shopping really helps. it makes u feel accomplished, and best if u find something that looks good on u cos then u feel like u look more confident and capable =)

writing nice lil encouraging quotes and sticking them around ur room helps for me... =)

and also walking along a beach or just connecting with nature..running away from the city for a brief moment

maybe u need a holiday..just away from it all.. say go to port stephens or sth..away from ur hometown
haha..sometimes if it's uni that i'm stressing over, getting away from it freaks me even more because i think 'i've only got so many hours left to finish it, and i'm going to ignore it?!!'..but really, i've caused my own stress, i just need to stop leaving things last minute haha

Lundy

Banned
HSC
That's interesting Iambored, I wasn't aware there was an actual disorder associated with anxiety. I wouldn't be at all surprised if I was diagnosed with it.

Daiana - there's nothing in particular I'm stressed about at the moment. I've been this way most of my life. I suffer from constant anxiety even when there's nothing to be anxious about.

laura_beth

HSC
N/A
Lundy said:
Yeah I'm considering looking at vitamins/herbal remedies. My problem isn't so much stress as anxiety. If that makes sense.

yeah some natural herbal stuff is pretty dodgy, and some naturopaths are even worse. but i've found a good naturopath, she knows what she's talking about. i'm taking a herbal based thing for anxiety and i can't believe how much it's helped. also that bach rescue remedy is great. so give the naturopath a try, but i'm sorry if you don't get a good one. anxiety is really annoying - so often you're like 'why am i anxious? GO AWAAAAY!'

hope you find a way to get rid of it

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
- Herbal based medicines are not rigorously tested as other medicines are... it is very unclear whether what is in the medicine is good or actually bad for you.

- There is the placebo effect, where if you believe it will work it will 'work', don't take the power of suggestion too lightly.

Personally I'd much rather go with a medicine that has been tested properly than just believing something will be good for me because it's 'natural' and someone tells me so without the usual standard of medicine backing them up.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Lundy said:
At the moment I'm prepared to try just about anything.
In that case, I suggest a psychologist ;)
Go and see the uni counsellor and see how they can help you.

Undertoad

HSC
I tend to worry about nothing in particular as well. It all started with the HSC and then i guess I had a reason although i was way too stressed but im still stressed even though its all over. I've been on a holiday, done nothing, got lots of exercise, done lots of shopping and I'm still getting headaches and bad chest pain. The chest pain is more of a worry, although its less frequent now it hurts so much I cant move for a while and then eases off. I need something else that works cause just relaxing doesnt seem to do anything, so Lundy if you find anything that helps plz tell...

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Undertoad said:
I tend to worry about nothing in particular as well. It all started with the HSC and then i guess I had a reason although i was way too stressed but im still stressed even though its all over. I've been on a holiday, done nothing, got lots of exercise, done lots of shopping and I'm still getting headaches and bad chest pain. The chest pain is more of a worry, although its less frequent now it hurts so much I cant move for a while and then eases off. I need something else that works cause just relaxing doesnt seem to do anything, so Lundy if you find anything that helps plz tell...
whereabouts is your chest pain? like in your ribs? under your boobs? or more on your sternum?

Undertoad

HSC
Generally under my boobs but either side left or right not at the same time

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
youve got what ive got i think. i used to get horrid pain like that, and everytime i breathed i though i was gonna die. like stabbing. and it was just one side at a time. your back muscles in your thorasic (sp?) spine are all tight and knotty and shit from stress/anxiety probably. this is giving you referred pain into your ribs and chest. i had this for about a year until i got so sick of it i went to the physio. she would massage it out everytime. i would recommend doing this, but this isnt a long-term thing. what you need is to go and get it loosened up (might take 5-10+ sessions) and then get exercises to do regularly. thats the only thing thats lessened the pain for me.

i feel for you. i know how much it freaking caaaaaaaaaanes.

Undertoad

HSC
Good i dont have heart problems!! yay!
yea that sounds just like it so i think i'll give that a go. it would be great if it gradually got better. sometimes it hurts not as badly for longer and if i sit down and am distracted by something it goes away after a few hrs. strange that it would be caused by muscle tension in a different area although i guess your back and chest aren't that far away.

thank u so much for all that. im going 2 the physio
so do you still get pain sometimes or has it pretty much gone altogether now?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
melimoo said:
youve got what ive got i think. i used to get horrid pain like that, and everytime i breathed i though i was gonna die. like stabbing. and it was just one side at a time.
I've had exactly that for quite a while.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
yeah i thought i had angina or a broken rib when i used to get the pains. but it was definitely an on-off thing. like some days were worse than others when others i didnt notice it. i was also surprised when she said it was my back. i was like...ohhhh you sure?
i don't get the pain there all that much, however i am getting it elsewhere in my neck and shoulders and down my arms and lower back!!! (great you say!!) but i must admit i dont think ive had any chest pain like that for a few good months!!! also try and be careful of your posture. another contributing factor to it was i used to spend all day hunched over studying.

go and get it fixed up pronto. it'll be a burden off you i swear!! :)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Lundy said:
That's interesting Iambored, I wasn't aware there was an actual disorder associated with anxiety. I wouldn't be at all surprised if I was diagnosed with it.

Daiana - there's nothing in particular I'm stressed about at the moment. I've been this way most of my life. I suffer from constant anxiety even when there's nothing to be anxious about.
yep there is a massive class of disorders... treatable with medication and usually some sort of behaviour therapy..

Talk to your GP.. this will also get u an appropriate referral.. i think u can save some money if the GP gives the referral..

i have a bit of it..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)