Stress? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Once u get your engineering degree , how stressful is the actual carrier itself. I mean is it really stressful that it can possibly cause divorces, depression and all that junk. I know its stupid and sterotypical to base stuff like that on just one carrier as there are many that can, but many engineer family friends of mine either are divorced or are not in a relationship although have good single lives. ...Maybe there partners coudnt cope with their work load..i dunno..what are your thoughts..i would like some reassurance when im hopefully doing this degree next year :).

Logistics

HSC
You're going to have a miserable life. No wife, no kids no nothing.
You live for the alcohol after work.

How's that? lol

HSC
Musk said:
public sector => less money => less stress

private sector => more money => more stress

it depends on wat u plan to do, like engineering do have jobs that have datelines and shit and if ur gonna crack under pressure then it may be not a good career
hmm i see, well i guess it depends on the type of person you are and how you balance shit and wateva.

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
man, engineering....your gonna graduate a technical freak, void of women and sanity, unlesss you do civil engineering

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
errr...i thought mining is the one that gets you the reapings
but all engineering sectors provide good pay

MoNNiE

HSC
Musk said:
that is true all streams get paid but civil is the most popular and not to mention the most where alot of drop outs r occurring i know 4 civil ppl that dropped out. actually a lot more than i thought, they fucked around hence they failed n left uni.
Civil isn't too bad.. just be prepared to be dumped in the deep end when you start working on construction sites!

you sorta do use stuff from uni.. but there is another dimension to the work that we arn't taught and that is "Quality Aussurance" .. combine that with environment politics and it can drive you up the wall if you don't know what needs to be done!

MoNNiE

HSC
Musk said:
what stage r ya up 2? and have u done EE2?
Stage 7 (i'm 4th year.. i feel so old =='')

i'm currently doing EE2 at the moment.. though i wasn't really planning to take it now.. rather at the end of 4th yr! But all well i'm actually learning alot! the downside to that is that i'm stressing more!

MoNNiE

HSC
Musk said:
who r ya doing it with and is it good?
I am with Macmahon. So far it has been pretty good, but at times i wish i never took the position!

Logistics

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Um 200 out of the 400 people doing MM1 last semester dropped out of the actual course in its entirety.

At UTS alone there were something like 600 people starting engineering when we all started, more than half of them have dropped out or transferred to other degrees.

Soft eng, whic had like 40 people, now has something like 22.

Weird.

What do you expect when you get more work than you can handle and/or material being hard.

I guess I'm one of the few doing software engineering and it's not a walk in the park. I'm going insane with the ammount of work I have to do and I don't even have a part-time or full-time job.

Embeded Systems alone has killed me this semester, the workload is insane just like Peter McLean. The work should be done like over a whole year. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)