• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Stress (1 Viewer)

hbm123

HSC
so stressed about this HSC anyone else finding it so hard to cope i just cracked then so badly because i couldnt get the computer when i needed it and just burst out cryiing because im worried i wont get all this work done in time and if i do im worried i wont get the marks i need, my family find it funny that i get so upset over the HSC anyone finding the same thing?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
at this very moment - i'm playing games.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Aplus said:
Sounds supportive...
It's only the HSC though...doesn't really warrant a *pulls hair out* stress level.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
hbm123 said:
i just cracked then so badly because i couldnt get the computer when i needed it and just burst out cryiing because im worried i wont get all this work done in time
And now that you get the computer you sign onto BOS an post a thread. LOL.

anyway, stress less. The HSC isn't the only pathway into uni.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Go for a run, release those endorphines baby and help crack down
on the obesity epidemic, YEAH

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
My dad says that anyone who stresses over the HSC is an idiot.
Niiiiice. Lol, I'm a little stressed, not vomit-mode yet though =)
I have 5 assessments before the end of term, I did two others today, and one last week.
And don't really have enough time to study for trials.
YES, I KNOW IM ON BOS AND I SHOULD BE STUDYING, BUT SHHHHH.
rofl.

But seriously, relax =)
You'll be fine! =D

HSC
all you need is an outlet for the stress so you dont crack. i go running or play sport, or listen to some "angry music" to get it all out. just find your outlet and you will be sweet.

62anoiF

HSC
Ever since my half yearlies I've been stressing out a lot too and I'm not normally the kind of person that feels stress. Sometimes I cry either randomly or over the tiniest thing...I feel like such a weirdo. I've figured the best way to beat stress is to stop thinking about anything for that moment and go do something you really enjoy that will take your focus off reality. Like for me, I like to watch movies or play games on computer or ds because it takes my mind off everything and I just focus on whatever I'm doing.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Charity F said:
Hmmm...

I thought i was the sort of person who didn't stress, and when she did, could handle it, and not need to talk to anyone about it.

Well i was wrong. I guess you could say i 'cracked' last weekend. Yep, burst out into tears and was bawling on my mum's shoulder for about 10 mins. I s'pose it was the buildup over the past couple of months.

It felt really really good. I was able to release all the pressure and panic that i had been feeling, and i was incredibly calm as i walked in the next day to do an english essay that i hadn't prepared for, at all. So thus enabled me to construct an argument on the spot, and fudge some quotes to go with it.

Moral of the story is: Stress is good, gets the adrenalin going, but don't be afraid to talk to someone about it.

Also note what Kat said. It works, seriously.
Sounds like me. :(

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Stress means you're working ineffectively and not concentrating which will mean you don't get things done and get more stressed. So basically if you want to do your best then you need to stop stressing so you can work effectively.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Certain types of stress are good though, and in small doses. But not distress. According to PDHPE, that's bad =p
I found after the half yearlies, I did nothing for about 6 weeks. and now I'm hitting panic mode; I can empathyse with the random teary outbursts. I cry over absolutely nothing these days. Like sometimes something really bad will happen and it wont affect me at all. And then like, I might kick my toe or my boyfriend might look at me strange and I'll just fall to pieces. I blame adolescence in conjunction with the HSC though, lol. Awful, emotional garbage XD

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Masturbation or a bottle of Corona cures stress and depression

Try that, worked for me:)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I dont stress about the HSC at all i find.

Like Kat said break down your tasks into what is due first, have a timetable and stick to it from what i hear that helps although i find i dont stick to them, and keep on top of everything overall make sure that you do not have the mind set that the HSC is not the only way into your chosen course.

conics2008

HSC
You'r a liar, you cant stress over these shitty subject..

The only problems im facing is doing this stupid english speech which I hate..

GOD...

HSC
yeah, i donno how getting a bunch of 17 - 18 year old to stress their hearts out will prepare them for the "real world". why should it be a number on a piece of paper informs you on what you can and cant do in the future. A person will always perform differently at different stages in their life and reflect all kinds of potentials through out that journey :/.

i cant say i haven't had moments during this year were i haven't stressed out nor can i determine whether i will in the near future but one thing that always seems to calm me down is i take a step back from whatever it is im doing and break it down. make it seem small and simple rather then large and complex. Also, something i find useful for when im typing up essays or something is make the font small (not to the point were u cant see it) and write up everything you can. then once your finish resize the font to a normal size and you'll find you wrote more then you thought.

bawd

HSC
hbm123 said:
so stressed about this HSC anyone else finding it so hard to cope i just cracked then so badly because i couldnt get the computer when i needed it and just burst out cryiing because im worried i wont get all this work done in time and if i do im worried i wont get the marks i need, my family find it funny that i get so upset over the HSC anyone finding the same thing?
Are you being pressured by family or teachers? Because you have got to relax.

First off, it's extremely unhealthy for a human to be constantly working; psychologists and doctors estimate that the brain needs at least 20 minutes of time to think and 'sort things out', which is why some stressed out people spend time awake in bed, forcefully trying to go to sleep whilst thousands of thoughts run through their heads. This is because they usually have overworked and not given their brain the time to relax before going to sleep.

Secondly, increase your diet with healthier foods and more complex B vitamins. (which help reduce stress) If you feel healthy, you'll feel good about yourself and be able to work better.

Now, take a step back and look at the work you have. Prioritize. Which subjects are your worse? These will need more attention than subjects you are doing well in.

The value of tests, assessments and the like, all become obsolete as we get older. (do you think the Chairman of the Board of Directors for a big Law firm really cares what UAI you got?) Of course, do not undermine this opportunity you are getting. You've just got to slow down a bit or you'll overheat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)