Stressed Out (1 Viewer)

maybelle6

HSC
Hi all, i just completed my hsc with a UAI of 68.70 and really want to get into a business degree but for most of the Uni's in my area my mark is just under the cut off.
FIrst of all is there any chance i may be accepted ( my fisrt pref was for ACU business cut off 70.20).
And secondly what are my best options to get into a bus degree, apart from SIBT and Insearch as they are really pricy!! plus they add an extra year onto your degree. My teachers are willing to write letters on mybehalf to support me and I have a company willing to put me up with there marketing department to accompany me if i get into a Bus degree, when is the best time to start sending letters to unis regarding my entry? I am aware of second round offers but i also know that bus is a very popular degree???
Is going to tafe a sure option into getting into Uni as i am worried that it may not be a guarantee and perhaps a waste of time??

PLEASE PLEASE any help??

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
maybelle6 said:
Hi all, i just completed my hsc with a UAI of 68.70 and really want to get into a business degree but for most of the Uni's in my area my mark is just under the cut off.
FIrst of all is there any chance i may be accepted ( my fisrt pref was for ACU business cut off 70.20).
And secondly what are my best options to get into a bus degree, apart from SIBT and Insearch as they are really pricy!! plus they add an extra year onto your degree. My teachers are willing to write letters on mybehalf to support me and I have a company willing to put me up with there marketing department to accompany me if i get into a Bus degree, when is the best time to start sending letters to unis regarding my entry? I am aware of second round offers but i also know that bus is a very popular degree???
Is going to tafe a sure option into getting into Uni as i am worried that it may not be a guarantee and perhaps a waste of time??

PLEASE PLEASE any help??
First apply to all universities you can go to that have the course. You may want to apply for universities such as La Trobe in Wodonga or CSU or SCU as well. This might be contrary to your wishes, but you stand a higher chance there than anywhere else.

La Trobe is usually within the 50s. See: http://www.latrobe.edu.au/courseDB/...aOfStudy=&studyCategory=BUS&studyMode=FT&job=

CSU is 65 for a BBus in Marketing (you also have the choice of studying it via Distance Education should you not want to leave Sydney). See: http://www.csu.edu.au/courses/undergraduate/marketing/application_det.html

SCU doesn't have a UAI cutoff listed for BBus, but I'm sure you'll meet it. It can be studied via Distance, at Lismore, Tweed/Gold Coast, and Coffs Harbour. If you want to study it via Distance, you need to make a direct application. See: http://www.scu.edu.au/courses/course.php?page_id=43

UNE is another one you could try. There's no details on the course page, but you could find that out yourself. UNE also offers direct application distance, so you could try for that. See: http://www.une.edu.au/courses/2008/courses/BBUS

OUA offers a Bachelor of Business from Swinburne - all OUA courses are distance - there are no UAI requirements, you just apply. OUA courses can be billed to FEE-HELP and there's no loan fee (as there usually is). See: https://www.open.edu.au/wps/portal/...Qualifications/Qualification_Data/SWI_BUS_DEG

Of course you should keep the universities of choice up the top of your list and try to contact them. Understand, however that many institutions get phonecalls from people who didn't meet last years' requirements. Some may be more helpful than others.

CieL

HSC
Would you be interested in doing B Business Admin at MQ University?

I think there's some TAFE course in the Ryde area in which you finish, and you automatically get admitted into BBA.. plus you get some exemptions..

loser101

HSC
goto UWS, so long as you get a PASS average you can get into MQ on transfer.

to make the most out of your UWS experience look for the same subjects done at UWS and MQ so u can get as many advanced standing as possible when u transfer.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
loser101 said:
goto UWS, so long as you get a PASS average you can get into MQ on transfer.

to make the most out of your UWS experience look for the same subjects done at UWS and MQ so u can get as many advanced standing as possible when u transfer.
Another possibility - I just saw Bachelor of Financial Planning there for 60.00. You could start off with that, then change to Bachelor of Business and Commerce after a year (provided you do well - but chances are some, if not all, subjects would be counted for it anyway, so you'd better want to do well).

kokodamonkey

HSC
the commerce business thingie at uws is uai of 70 but where do you live if you live like in western sydney sort of area you get 5bonus points just for living there..

enterusername

HSC
there are still vacancies in one of the uws bachelor of business and commerce degrees...it is the one at blacktown (uac code 707000)...the cut off for main round was 60.1...it can go up for late round, but at least it is a business course and the main round cut off is under ur uai...
u can change ur preferences through uac if you want to be considered for the late round
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)