Strictly Ballroom (1 Viewer)

HSC
Howdy...

I'm not sure how many of you are doing Strictly Ballroom, but i'm kinda stuck at the moment :rolleyes: Nothing too critical though.

I've gotta find the significance of the 'red curtain' throughout the entire movie. I've done pretty much everything except for the end scene. Everyone is on the dance floor, dancing and it ends with the curtains dropping. Any body know the significance behind that? I've got some ideas but i'd like to see any one else's ideas.

Peace :cool:

PoLaRbEaR

The Bear
HSC
The red curtaingives the audience a sense that they are in the theatre. When you watch films they are usually realistic but this film, being more theatrical indicates to the audience that they can watch the movie without disbelieving anything...
The curtains dropping at the end is just a reminder to the audience that the whole experience was theatrical
Red curtains are seen between the film when Scott thinks abt Doug dancing. When you first see the curtains you are immediately given the impression that it was theatrical, which it was...

Olivia

It also indicate that it is the end of the story. Remember how it started with the curtain opening...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)