Strongest Truss Design? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys,

So I got this assignment which was to build a truss.. I'm not sure how I should go about making it, I'm thinking just a simple warren truss design. We're allowed 3 metres of 6mm x 6mm of square balsa wood, and we're not allowed face to face joining obviously :p It would be loaded with 10kg mass centrally.
It would be great if you guys can draw me a space diagram for any designs you come up with :)
Cheers

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
If only I didn't throw out my Engineering studies exercise book along with the assignments. But I believe your warren truss should made with a triangular structure, because I did the exact same project (with slight differences in size), and a triangular warren truss holds the most weight.

D94

HSC
N/A
Standard balsa wood warren truss should be capable of holding 50kg if glued/nailed correctly.

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
Standard balsa wood warren truss should be capable of holding 50kg if glued/nailed correctly.
Yup, I remember my truss held a maximum weight of 30kg (20kg on the beam and 10kg on the truss), and some trusses withstood my weight (I'm 60kg) for at least 3 seconds, so I can confirm.

parasdeep1807

HSC
I remember i made a truss bridge in year 10 engineering and it held 85kg while only being 200 grams. It was a warren truss with a straight arch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)