Structure of a feature article o_o?!?. (1 Viewer)

VuongstER_boi

HSC
Hey,I'm confused with the structure of a feature article.I'm not sure, but are you not meant to introduce ur related texts in the introduction ?( the way u do with an essay) or just introduce it in the body paras the same time you discuss it..?

also, shud the paragrahs be organised into:

1. intro.
2. Related text 1.
3.Related Text2.
4.Related text 3.
Conclusion.

or shud it be made up of many small paragraphs?

Last edited:

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
No, I don't think that would be a good idea imho but separating all the related texts might make your article seem unflowy and separate, if that makes any sense.

A better way might be to have several ideas as a basis for your paragraphs and then use your texts' quotes, techniques and so and so to explain how they display that idea.

Like:
Idea 1
- Text 1
- Text 2
- Link back to Q/ thesis
Idea 2
- Text 1
- Text 2
- Link back to Q/ thesis

Instead of:
Text 1
- Idea 1
- Idea 2
Text 2
- Idea 1
- Idea 2

That way, you have all the texts together conveying an idea, making it easier for both you and the marker. Expecially if you're doing Module A.

Try to have an interesting beginning, maybe an amusing anectote relating to what you're talking about and go on from there. Have quotes from made up professors or what have you and then at the end, maybe link back to your beginning with a conclusion to your anectote, after you conclude your article of course. Also, have rhetorical questions, associate with your reader by being less formal but not to the point of colloquialism and remember, it is not an essay so don't write an essay and then slab it into columns. And yes, short paragraphs would be the way to go. Tips.

I wouldn't be suprised if that made little or no sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)