Structure (1 Viewer)

tamtheman

HSC
Ok this is really frustrating me! Say I'm writing an essay for consumers and the paragraph for credit is too long so I cut it into two. At the end of the first paragraph do I need to finish it off like a normal paragraph? Or do I not have to because I'm continuing on another paragraph for credit?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You don't cut off a paragraph because it is too long. Work out why it's too long and either cut words, or split it into two fully formed ideas.

Both paragraphs need to be complete thoughts.

tamtheman

HSC
You don't cut off a paragraph because it is too long. Work out why it's too long and either cut words, or split it into two fully formed ideas.

Both paragraphs need to be complete thoughts.
I think you missed my point. I wish to keep everything in the paragraph. The paragraph goes over a page long and was just going to split it into two and just needed advice

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I think you missed my point. I wish to keep everything in the paragraph. The paragraph goes over a page long and was just going to split it into two and just needed advice
But you can't 'just split it in two'. If your paragraph is so big that it goes onto the next page; then it's too broad a topic, and you need to split it into two complete sub-topics.

So yes, you need to finish it like a normal paragraph.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)