structuring essays (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
how are you guys structuring essays for the case study? like say we are asked to include 2 debates this year, how will you add the context, purpose, methodology and construction for each debate in an essay?
@specificagent1 @windebygirl @Hiheyhello

specificagent1

HSC
idk so i was just thinking since for JFK there's 3 historical schools i'll run a paragraph for each and the 2 debates are just idk dependant on the paragraph

zizi2003_

HSC
idk so i was just thinking since for JFK there's 3 historical schools i'll run a paragraph for each and the 2 debates are just idk dependant on the paragraph
oooohhh
so do u have like 2 historians per body para or just 1 then?

Hiheyhello

HSC
how are you guys structuring essays for the case study? like say we are asked to include 2 debates this year, how will you add the context, purpose, methodology and construction for each debate in an essay?
i’m thinking
1st debate:
- P1: traditionalist
- P2: revisionist
- P3: post revisionist

2nd debate:
repeat the above

Hiheyhello

HSC
but like now idk if i should categorise it by the schools of thought instead of by the debate

Hiheyhello

HSC
like what do hsc markers prefer
coz the alternative is combined paragraphs
P1: first school of thought
- talk ab both debates

P2: second school of thought
- both debags

P3: third school of thought
- both debates

i actually read somewhere once that explained what markers preferred but i have completely forgotten where i read it and what it was

specificagent1

HSC
- talk ab both debates

- both debags

- both debates

i actually read somewhere once that explained what markers preferred but i have completely forgotten where i read it and what it was
ye idk too

zizi2003_

HSC
woah woah woah,, 6 paras ?!? how many words are ur essays typically?

my structure is completely diff to both of urs, coz i go by what my school calls the 'pyramid' (context, purpose, methodology and construction of each historian)
but this is just for one debate tho, idk how to integrate another debate but i rlly hope they dont ask 2 debates again this year:
1. 'sub-debate' #1 (2 historians- comparing context)
2. sub-debate #2 (2 historians - comparing purpose)
3. sub-debate #3 (2 historians - comparing methodology)
4. sub-debate #4 (2 historians- comparing construction)

zizi2003_

HSC
- talk ab both debates

- both debags

- both debates

do u guys have like 'mini sub-debates' for one area of debate? coz idk how to generally compare 2 debates in one para overall

Hiheyhello

HSC
do u guys have like 'mini sub-debates' for one area of debate? coz idk how to generally compare 2 debates in one para overall
well what i to do is explore construction methodology and context in all my paragraphs regardless of the structure

Hiheyhello

HSC
but no, i haven’t heard of sub debates??

hahah meanwhile i’ll be screwed if they specify one

Hiheyhello

HSC
woah woah woah,, 6 paras ?!? how many words are ur essays typically?

my structure is completely diff to both of urs, coz i go by what my school calls the 'pyramid' (context, purpose, methodology and construction of each historian)
but this is just for one debate tho, idk how to integrate another debate but i rlly hope they dont ask 2 debates again this year:
1. 'sub-debate' #1 (2 historians- comparing context)
2. sub-debate #2 (2 historians - comparing purpose)
3. sub-debate #3 (2 historians - comparing methodology)
4. sub-debate #4 (2 historians- comparing construction)
it’s about 1200
with like 190 per paragraph

windebygirl

HSC
i had to do 2 debates in trials and i got marked down for putting both debates in each paragraph - it makes it harder for the marker to figure out which debate you're talking about
so as much as i hate to say, i feel like i'm gonna do 2 really fat body paragraphs... someone please tell me that's a bad idea
but the context/purpose/construction should be fitted in around the analysis of the stimulus (assuming we get a stimulus source for q2 - idk what to do if we don't)
this was my feedback for trials q2 (i got 20/25 for q2 which is the lowest mark i've ever gotten in history and full on cried for like 2hrs lmao)
Your strong content knowledge and understanding of the debate is enough to get you a solid E3. However, sustained integration and use of the source is needed for an E4. This is hinted at in your conclusion, however, it is only included superficially or as a 'link' at the end of your paragraphs.
so yeah i'm not entirely sure how to attack q2 for 2 debates. just gonna pray that nesa is nice and only asks for 1...
also in terms of going chronological or thematic i defs recommend chronological because you can highlight how each 'era' was a reaction to the previous one and stuff (like all the schools of thought in JFK)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)