Struggling with PIP topic! Urgent for Guidance! (1 Viewer)

Earthfan

HSC
N/A
I am so lost right now, I feel like just going mental. I really need help with a PIP topic.

I was thinking of focusing on Music, some of the topics that I had were.
  • Youth Anthems and how they are reflective of of youth, social, political, economical society.
  • Does the power of Pop music have a heavy influence on the adolescent society
Another idea I had for music is something related to the power and influence that Lady Gaga has over her fans, since she is the most popular artist at the moment, but my teacher opposed that idea.

Music is the topic I want to focus on, but one of my friends said PIPs regarding Music are harder to do, and get less marks to those PIPs of religion and etc.
Is that true?

Annihilist

HSC
Why did your teacher oppose the Lady GaGa idea? That's not a bad one.

I'm doing a similar topic about how much pop culture is responsible for the people's behaviour, exploring artists like Marilyn Manson back in the 90's and maybe people like Madonna from the 80's, and investigating how society blames pop culture for all it's problems etc. Scapegoating, essentially. I'm going to investigate the supposed influence of pop culture on things like Columbine and other violent things that have been blamed on pop culture.

No you should do what you want to do. I don't see a problem with the Lady Gaga idea, maybe it's too specific, I'm not sure. I like your second idea, about pop music's influence on adolescence. I think you could explore a similar thing to me about how society perceives music and pop culture to be responsible for things it really isn't.

my 2 cents worth. I wouldn't pay that much for it thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)