struggling... (1 Viewer)

Larissa8

HSC
Hey i need a bit of advice...about a year ago i started getting very conscious about exercise and healthy eating and got down to 48 kgs, looked awful, always tired and never happy...now my eating habits have changed, i eat whatever i want but ALWAYs walk every single day for 40-50 minutes. but i keep thinking about it...im always worrying about eating junk food, whether im eating too much whether it will make any difference and i just stress about it. i cant afford to have this on my shoulders during my hsc year but ive tried and failed for a year to forget it. what can i do....

Rinni

HSC
Well for starters, I personally feel the junk food is a must for hsc survival. Second my pop always said eat when your hungry and drink when your thirsty and that must have worked for him, he lived well into his 90's.
Third although you may be worried about gaining weight, if your 48kgs it prolly wouldn't hurt. If you were unhappy and tired your habits obviously weren't doing you any good. Plus being too skiny isn't all that attractive despite what society tries to make you believe.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Larissa8 said:
Hey i need a bit of advice...about a year ago i started getting very conscious about exercise and healthy eating and got down to 48 kgs, looked awful, always tired and never happy...now my eating habits have changed, i eat whatever i want but ALWAYs walk every single day for 40-50 minutes. but i keep thinking about it...im always worrying about eating junk food, whether im eating too much whether it will make any difference and i just stress about it. i cant afford to have this on my shoulders during my hsc year but ive tried and failed for a year to forget it. what can i do....
HOW conscious of healthy eating and exercise were you?
similar thing happened to me just before the HSC. things started to change and i had dropped 35% of my body weight in 6 months

i hate to say it but ive found that those niggling thoughts never leave you. youre always freaking out about what youre putting in your mouth and when/where you will be able to do 'damage control' whether it was exercise or otherwise

my advice: construct a daily/weekly plan for yourself of what you eat and when you exercise. will control some of the crazy thoughts during the day because you have a plan

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Oh hun I got fat during my HSC. I had been super underweight until about year 11 and then I just packed it on, and now I have issues fitting into a size 6. (Especially at Portmans, wtf is the go with their sizing? Their size 6 pants fall off me!).

Try to fit in exercise and stuff for the feel good benefits but don't be super hard on yourself during this year. You have the rest of your life to sort it out, but it'll be easier to do so if you've aced the HSC and are doing the course you love. I know it's hard to not worry and stuff, but remember, the more you worry about what you're eating, the more paranoid and strict you try to be, the more likely you are to binge.

Season

HSC
I think you've got your weight under control and now it seems its only your brain going a bit haywire. The really important thing to know is that you can lose weight when you want to, and when you should put your energy into your weight and when to put it somewhere else like school work.

During heavy pressure time my diet usually goes haywire and my caffeine goes through the roof. However when the stress is gone I just go on a health blitz and it all goes back to normal.

My normal diet is basically everything except junk food, white bread and pasta. This makes it pretty easy to stick to, so maybe you should try changing your diet so when you're really stressed you don't have to think about it too much. 48kg would be pretty low for me though, I guess it depends on your height I guess. Just keep in mind that losing weight is supposed to make you feel great, and if it doesn't then something is wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)