stuck on pip! (1 Viewer)

goki

hey. im really beginning to worry about my pip. ive decieded to do my topic on 'the role of media influencing on adolescent's sexual behaviour' ive thought of a 'catchy' title aswell. but i just dont know how to begin researching for information. ive written out a questionnaire which im gonna begin to hand out soon. but where do i go from there? what makes a good introduction? im really stuck and dotn know how to segment the middle part of the pip. *sighs. i was gonna do some content analysis, eg movies and tv shows. and possibly a focus group. and as i said before, i don't know where to start. please helP!

Kulazzi

HSC
well, introduce your topic, as alien mentioned maybe you can introduce some stats from the net in your info and then when you get into the detailed part include your stats and compare them (although I'm not sure about the comparison part), ask your teacher for their advice, that's what they're there for.

Spring Sakura

HSC
Introducion

VITAL Things to cover:

*Brief description of your idea
*How it is relevant to Soc & Cult
*What methodologies you'll use and why you'd use them

That's all i can think of right now.....

Good luck

winicat

HSC
I did SaC last year and I found, with my PIP, that it was easiest just to locate all infomation on my topic at the start. This allowed me to get a broad view of my topic and to get the best information I could into my PIP.

It may be easier to start sorting information under chapter headings, rather than just trying to write. By doing this it is easier to cut out the information you don't need and analyse the stuff you do.

Be aware of the different "elements" that make up the PIP and make sure you have enough information for each of these areas. Draft some intros, conclusions, etc. now with your expected results. In your final copy, reflect on these, indicating that you predicted incorrectly (saying you were surprised by the results as you thought differently.

Remember, you don't have to write the PIP as an essay - refer to yourself often! This is like integrating a personal reflection into the piece. Actually, a personal reflection is a great place to start, as it does not involve any extra research!

Don't sit around waiting for inspiration, just start! Start anywhere and start today!

I hope this all helps and was relevant to your question!!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
gooki said:
hey. im really beginning to worry about my pip. ive decieded to do my topic on 'the role of media influencing on adolescent's sexual behaviour' ive thought of a 'catchy' title aswell. but i just dont know how to begin researching for information. ive written out a questionnaire which im gonna begin to hand out soon. but where do i go from there? what makes a good introduction? im really stuck and dotn know how to segment the middle part of the pip. *sighs. i was gonna do some content analysis, eg movies and tv shows. and possibly a focus group. and as i said before, i don't know where to start. please helP!
Formulate your own theory, as to what you are expected to find and why. Compare your theory with an existing theory and compare the results obtained. So look for journal articles, and investigate what sociologists have come up with in your area of interest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)