Student group spent $500,000 without documents, audit finds (1 Viewer)

Demandred

HSC
AN AUDIT by the University of Western Sydney has revealed hundreds of thousands of dollars have been spent within its student association without proper financial or administrative controls.

More than $500,000 in redundancy entitlements was claimed without supporting documents and computer equipment valued at $21,000 was lost or stolen, a confidential audit commissioned by the university says.

The audit found that the former chief executive of the University of Western Sydney Students' Association, Edith Taylor, received a $17,000 bonus for unspecified "substantial extra duties".
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...nts-audit-finds/2007/08/13/1186857428943.html

:O

L

LaraB

not surprised...

That kind of crap is the very reason why people i know who used to work for uws/uwssa left....

There's apparently a small handful of people who are dodgy as far as book keeping goes. Kind of sad that it gives the entire uni a bad name - the way thesestories are always written make it sound as though everyone was in on it lol

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
the UWSSA is so random I can't even understand its existance.

j_davo24

HSC
Enteebee said:
Exactly, Im still struggling to understand what exactly it is that they do. Does anyway pay that activities fee now they don't have too? Less than 1% would I reckon...

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC
hmm.. sorry to hijack but ive nver paid for the admin fee.. is that the reason why i cant access my uws mail?

L

LaraB

Enteebee said:
They do a lot of really useful and vital things - eg assisting students with academic and non-academic misconduct proceedings.... centrelink troubles... housing problems.... legal advice etc etc

Yeh they do a lot of pointless stuff but they do a lot that's good too. And besides - most teh stuff that people seem to whinge about as "wasted money" isn't UWSSA's responsibility, it's UWS connect's responsibility

L

LaraB

Justin said:
Maybe the Womyn spent it.
Haha!

lol no offence to anyone in here who's a member, but that association scares me.

Way too backward -1970s-feminist....

HSC
yeah same as me.. im first yeah, but yeah i dont know what tehy do i went to the site.. didnt help. yeah .. its random..

what events do they hold? hmm.. oh well...

i guess theres no uni life ... sighs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)