Student Travel Concession question (1 Viewer)

KaneOosty

VIP Member
HSC
When I got my Student ID they asked if I would also like to apply for student travel concession. I declined and then got Student Card. A friend of mine did get it and has a nifty little sticker printed on his student card.

Can I still apply for student travel concession? Does this mean I must get a new card? What is the process?

Thanks in advance, I know this might seem like an obvious thing but im just making sure :)

Cheers.

HSC
Why *didn't* you apply for student concession?

You can still apply, go to Student Admin and ask them how. If you're lucky they will just put the sticker on then and there.

KaneOosty

VIP Member
HSC
watatank said:
Why *didn't* you apply for student concession?

You can still apply, go to Student Admin and ask them how. If you're lucky they will just put the sticker on then and there.
I didn't think i'd need it since I drive. Then it hit me... cheaper train ticket :p

HSC
as long as your full time you can get the sticker... its never too late to get it...

bos1234

HSC
if ur at kingswood campus.. just go to student centre.. they have a green form which u have to fill out

thats all...

iRX

HSC
i'm a full timer, one of the conditions says 'must not be engaged in business or employment'... so one would need to quit their casual work in order to be eligible for the travel concession? i'm *waying up if its worth working the little i do on the side to pay ~$25 more on train fare...

edit: typo *weighing up

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
iRX said:
i'm a full timer, one of the conditions says 'must not be engaged in business or employment'... so one would need to quit their casual work in order to be eligible for the travel concession? i'm waying up if its worth working the little i do on the side to pay ~$25 more on train fare...
Alot of people lie, i wonder if they really do catch people out for it, transit cops might take it, if your wearing your work uniform i guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)