Students fees (1 Viewer)

sunny

meh.
HSC
You should be able to see the amount of fees (HECS and student fees) in myUNSW now. Select "Fee Statement & Payment Options" in your student profile.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Komaticom said:
My Liab Status is at $172.10 (COFA).

Can someone tell me to difference between Deferred Payment and Pay Upfront? I'm in a pickle with this situation of having chosen Deferred Payment and an uncertainty with my FEE-HELP application.
Deferred = You are asking the government to pay for you.
Up front = Still asking for the government to pay for you, but you are making a slight payment yourself to receive a discount on how much you pay the government back.
https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/fees/Hecs.html#PaymentOptions&HECS-HELP

Princeps_ said:
where exactly do u pay the student fees?
You can pay at the post offce, with BPay, or ANZ eGate. Again, log in to myUNSW, go the "Fee Statement & Payment Options", and there are plenty of instructions to read.

kaitoufion

HSC
Is UNSW gonna calculate our fees for us? Or do we need to calculate it for ourselves??

wind

HSC
Butterfly Kissz said:
umz.. seeming im so lost.. how and where lol .. sorrry
--> Click on the "My Student Profile" tab at the top.
--> Click on "Commonwealth Govt. Forms" on the menu to the left.
--> Click on the "Update" button next to each semester.
--> Fill out the form if need be and change the payment type.
--> Repeat for the other semester.

And thats it :)

sunny

meh.
HSC
kaitoufion said:
Is UNSW gonna calculate our fees for us? Or do we need to calculate it for ourselves??

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
How long till my liabilty changes? I changed from Upfront to defer since tuesday and it is still 2XXX.XX. :(

And also, If i defer, will I have to pay for the 250 student fee, or will that be deferred as well? :confused:

sunny

meh.
HSC
Survivor39 said:
How long till my liabilty changes? I changed from Upfront to defer since tuesday and it is still 2XXX.XX. :(

And also, If i defer, will I have to pay for the 250 student fee, or will that be deferred as well? :confused:
The 2xx are Student Activity Fees. HECS/Upfront only refers to the money you pay for your courses.

If you open up your fee statement, you should see that under "Course details" it lists your subjects and how much they cost.

Then under "Fee details" there is an entry "HECS" that shows how much the subjects cost together. Under that should be your deferral. In the AmtDue column it should show the -ve value of how much the courses costed.

Then as you can see, everything else that are "activity fees" add up to your 2xx.xx.

From memory I believe the fees on myUNSW update 3 times a week. So if some figures don't add up after you've changed something, give it couple of days.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Butterfly Kissz said:
LOL. MINE IS DEFER AND I WANA CHANGE IT TO UPFRONT...
:p

THIS WHOLE UNI PROCESS IS SOO STRESSFUL

Log into myUNSW, in your Student Profile select "Commonwealth Govt. Forms" and you can change it there.

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
yeh im alrdy there.. and im up to the declaration thing...
but it never gave an option saying to pay upfront.. it listed all options and u had to accept to that?
:eek:

atm my status says something like defer til post 05..
is that right? or shud it say partial upfront payment or? :confused:

whitey1

HSC
But ticking that option doesn't make the partial payment show up on your liability sunny. It treats the whole thing as deffered i suppose since they don't know how much you are going to pay. I had that option ticked when I enrolled, but it was I'm not sure what I need to do to make the partial payment. Was too much effort, so I've changed it to upfront.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yes that is true. From myUNSW:

The minimum partial payment that can be accepted towards your student contribution charges is $500.00.

Any payment will first go towards your Student Activity Fees, and then towards your student contribution charges. Any payment under $500.00 will be marked as a credit on your account and will not be used to pay any student contribution liability. To make a payment - access your statement via the link below and follow the screen directions.

HSC
...so that means i pay my $2xx.xx + $500 = $7xx.xx to my post office??
but how would they know that if it doesnt show up on the payment slip???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)