Students wasting their time (and others) (1 Viewer)

Thunderbolt

HSC
Rather a stupid question but does the Board of Studies take into account students that really couldn't give a toss about their HSC (ie. doing minimal amounts of work, not handing in assessments and doing minimal on exams)?

How would such a situation effect the other students in the year and against the state?

Season

HSC
Yeah of course!!

Of course there are people who do the bare minimum and those are the kids who are going to make the people who try hard look better.

While the UAI is not really a percentage- you can get a number from 1-100, and peole do get below 50, below 30 even, those are the kdis who don't care, or for some reason or another are just not doing anything.

If the only people who did hte HSC tried hard, studied it would be A LOT harder to get those good results.

Their bad result... make others look better in comparison.

Thunderbolt

HSC
Is the rogue likely to drag other students marks down as a result though (through scaling or whatever fancy things UAC does with our marks)?

Sorry, should have been a bit more specific before.

Thanks. :)

PrettyVacant

HSC
No, just like, change schools. Like duuuuuhhh wtf.

=P

Not really, one guy isn't going to affect EVERYTHING.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
hell effect nothing as long as your ranked higher then him. essentially

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Maybe if you're ranked in the middle of the cohort. Someone got 4/100 for their HSC Biology trial this year, and the teacher's saying that it's going to pull the class average down.

Beege

HSC
there's this guy in my year who is purely wasting his time at school, he can't even get his HSC wtf is the point? 5 N awards lol and he won't be sitting the software exam at least.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Kujah said:
Maybe if you're ranked in the middle of the cohort. Someone got 4/100 for their HSC Biology trial this year, and the teacher's saying that it's going to pull the class average down.
yeah thats what i heard about people doing badly as well.
i know several people who got single digit marks out of 120 in maths. ><" hope it doesnt affect all of us too badly !

jirwin

HSC
apparently it is taken into consideration for standard english because english is compulsory. dont know about other subjects.

Last edited:

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
just do the best you can and don't worry about anyone else, because ultimately they are outside your sphere of control

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, i am a bit concerned about my physics and especially my legal studies class, there are kids that just don't care or don't bother trying.

HSC
Wasting time doesn't necessarily mean not caring; you shouldn't assume that.
magpam said:
:rofl: im one of those people that dont really care to much
you should be happy that you are better than us ok?
stop whinning
Yeah, exactly. :uhhuh:

karatekid72

woot freedom
HSC
From what i understand the HSC mark is a ranking for each student against not only the students in that persons grade, but the entire state.
Therefore if a person wastes their time they do drag everyone down. So just imagine how many people are doing just that - SIGH!
But there is no way in hell to distinguish between the time wasters and the totally dedicated students.
We also have to consider the fact that not everybody can acheive the same standards - and accpet that
This is a question that has no answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)