Study all prescribed texts? (1 Viewer)

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
My prescribed tests are TBS, TRIH and SBTS, and i'm just wondering if there is any risk in only studying TBS and TRIH
Is there any way at all they would be able to specify a text in this exam?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
They haven't specified before, which is a good sign. I'm only studying SFOC, TRIH and TBS, (We never studied SBTS..) so in short, it's probably safe to refrain from studying all prescribed texts.

Rahul

Dead Member
yeh i asked the same quesiton.:D

well you are only supposed to do 3 out of 5 texts, so they cant really specify a text, as that might be the one you havent studied, out of the 3 that the school chooses.

so yeh, i am only going to choose 2 out of my 3.
BUT, i'm not officially sure.

Hollie

i would study a third just in case....they may ask u to refer to three prescribed texts...its nasty but they just might do it!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
well just know all 3 texts... i mean we learn alot more in adv... so 3 in ext wont hurt that much:p besides, some texts may b much more appropriate for certain q...

toknblackguy

HSC
study a minimum of three IMO
i think the BOS is trying to undo their previous crapness!
the 2 unit was pretty good this year

there's a part of the genre syllabus that says u must study at least 2 print texts. this kinda screws me up, seeing as i've focused my study on snowfalling/bigsleep, and haven't really extended my study from what we've done in class on hound... should i seriously b using this week to study hound, just in case this happens? for all halfyearly/trial exams i've used the other 2, my whole thesis is around the other two... argh!

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Eh. I just know SBTS and SFOC the best, with some superficial knowledge on TBS... Then I have about five of my own to choose from. Damn me and my inability to choose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)