study and music (1 Viewer)

Dubya

failing physics
HSC
does any1 out there find that listening to a bit of music wen u study helps?? i listen to music wen i study just to stop me getting distracted from things on my desk but i also find that the type of music im listening to alters how i study. like if im listening to sumtn fast i'll study fast and flowing but if its rap or the like its a bit harder. the best ive found is a bit of bach, im not even into classical music but u cant beat bach wen it comes to study
give us ur thoughts cheers

kokeshi

HSC
N/A
Apparently classical music isn't too bad for studying. On the whole, I find music too distracting.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
depends what mood Im in. I have a tendency to get up and dance so I can't really have music.

foxy

i was made for lovin u...
classical music made me fall asleep...Bach or no bach!

i need a bit of techno stuff in the background...but not loud at all, or else id get up and dance

probly would do more work with nothing in the background, except the computer humming...

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
study with eminem music hahahha

i don't think that will help.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I've usually been listening to music during my studying.. Generally, slower music works best, stuff like Sigur Ros or The Dirty Three and so-on. However, when I'm not writing notes, and actually writing practise essays, I write without any noise in the background, to simulate HSC conditions.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Iv'e heard contradictory comments. I have heard from Doctors, fast music is good to listen to, cause it makes you work faster. Weird ay... personally i dont listen to music when i study

acmilan4eva

HSC
N/A
i study with trance, house, happy hardcore, the less the vocals the better. it works

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Enigma!!!
How would I ever pass 4U maths without you :D

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by TastesGoodBut
yeh.. buy s soundtrack album like braveheart if ur gonna study with music
That's what I listen to when I'm typing up notes! :p The main theme by Enya is usually on repeat.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i listen to music while i study.. my parents always tell me off for it.. but it makes me sit down and not look at things on my desk as Dubya said..
i listen to all kinds :) just the ones on my playlist.... :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it helps if i'm bored, not for concentrating

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
being a musician myself, i do study to soft contemporary piano in the background, it apparently blocks out the emotion sensory in the brain, allowing you to focus more and not about how tired or hungry you might be. I think it does work, however i much prefer to listen to Linkin Park when i'm revising. Keeps me awake.

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Doesn't it all have to do with brain patterns, that classical music forms smooth regular brain waves, where as heavy music forms chaotic irregular brain waves? well I can't talk, I can only study with some good 'ole System!

lord chumpley

HSC
classical music is good because most of the time you can't sing along to it. that's why people like listening to bach i guess...all the baroque music is mostly hard to recall or sing so it doesn't distract you. i get really frustrated if i listen to the radio when i study, voices distract me.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
classical music for humanities, maths i just use the radio or pete murray show, a bit distracting but when the music comes on its ok

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)