STUDY and PREPARATION for exams... (1 Viewer)

scuba.me

HSC
Do you guys have any main things that we should focus on?? OR just practice practice practice??

I have trials coming up....

ALSO - do you guys have a research and oral presentation to do???

We do and it is giving me the shits. It's like, the easiest thing on statistics on house values and stuff, then a 1-2 minute presentation to share our findings...

Yeah. I know. lol.

xo.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
I would say practice, practice, practice, but I would not be sure which areas to focus on. Just try to go over all areas that you have been taught and which you know will be in the trials.

I know that in our school, we have to do a presentation on a topic from the 2 unit maths course in which we highlight areas of concern students may have about that particular topic. But I can't fathom how you could have a ral presentation for maths ...

PC

HSC
N/A
Everyone in my class has just been given 3 past exam papers from other schools to do as an assignment. Due first week back next term. They also have been given the Trial papers from 2001-2005 to revise from. When they get back they'll get a booklet of another 20 past exam papers on loan for the term which they have to return.

So if that's any indication, I'd say the tip is to try to do as many questions as possible. Work mainly from exam papers, as you'll be doing one shortly, but also try the questions at the end of text books and reference books.

My personal advice (and mine alone) do NOT do questions from previous HSC Exam Papers. Not yet anyway. Save them up until the last few weeks before the actual HSC exam. When you do your HSC, study from HSC papers. When you do your Trial, study from Trial papers. When you do your driving test, study from the drivers handbook. When you do your 2nd year Psychology exam, study from past 2nd year Psych exams ...

Anyway you get the idea.

You can download a few past exam papers from this site:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/view.php?course=4

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)