Study Game: Leni Riefenstahl (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Okay, I'm starting one for Leni now, I think they are good, it's good to have to try and remember stuff!!

First Question:

List 4 of Leni's films.

meh

dancer
actress
film director
photographer

who was the director of the first movie she saw and what was his/her significance from then on?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Arnold Fanck I think... Leni then stared in many of his films.

What was special about the day that Olympia premiered?

s2ophie

HSC
It was Hitler's birthday

What was Leni's last film and what was the controversy surrounding it?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Tiefland- controversy was because she is accused of usingh gypsies from a concentration camp as extras.

How many years did it take Leni to edit Olympia?

meh

which film did she make for the Riechschwehr and why wasn't she happy with it?

s2ophie

HSC
umm what is the reichwschwehr?

If its what i think it is the film might be Victory of the Faith. is that the wemacht one?

bells

Yeah she wasnt at all happy with Victory of Faith- however the focus on the Reichschwehr was in "Day of Freedom-Our Armed Forces"- a seventeen minute film that was released with Triumph of the Will 1935.

Who commisioned Olympia?

Chat1

ahhh the IOC? International Olympic Commitee. It was not Hitler and the Nazi party, even though there is evidence to support that the Nazi party did help to finace the film.

Question: How many times was Leni put before the courts for her involvment in producing propaganda films, and when did these occur?

lazybum

HSC
N/A
to the one b4 about olympia, olympic committee guy carl diem commissioned it.

are we supposed to know how many times leni was put on trial coz i don't!!! all ii know is it took her 2 yrs to be denazified

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm just bumping this up because I thought the '04s might be interested in continuing it.

The question last asked was:

How many times was Leni put before the courts for her involvment in producing propaganda films, and when did these occur?

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
1945, at the end of the war riefenstahl was arrested in Kitzbuerel. she was sent to trial, charged and sentenced, spent 4 years in french detention camp, however sufficient evidence was not produced, and she was freed...

What film techniques were used in Triumph of the Will, to communicate Nazi Ideals?

edwardcav

edwardcav
HSC
some were the camera angles looking up at hitler, and his long speech was edited down to 5 minutes with only the "cool bits" - emotional shots portraying a happy healthy and peaceful Germany. any more?

Q) Finish this quote:

"We left a terrible legacy... I contributed........."

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
umm...well...i got: When hitler arrives in the plane, it is a comparison of Hitler to God (enhancing the 'fuhrer myth') Lighting is favoured to make Hitler more attractive...German leadership is presented as a strong unified regime...cant think of anymore!! Ive never heard that quote b4...soz

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
edwardcav said:
Q) Finish this quote:
"We left a terrible legacy... I contributed........."
If I remember correctly its 'We left a terrible legacy. I contributed somewhat to it. So there's guilt, you can call it that'.

Q) What genre was Leni's first film and what was it called?

konggo

HSC
Craig said:
If I remember correctly its 'We left a terrible legacy. I contributed somewhat to it. So there's guilt, you can call it that'.

Q) What genre was Leni's first film and what was it called?

origianal was berg films(moutain films)...but most nazi films where escapist last 2 film where olympis two parts festivle of beauty and f estival des volk(nation) and trumph des willens where both documenttaries..

her last major work was wht???

GretaGarbo

HSC
N/A
that was a blurry question, as you could say it was Tiefland, Nuba or the scuba diving one.

anyway, which member of Hitler's inner circle tried to hit on her? and what did he do after (that affected her)?

dannyr

HSC
N/A
Ummm you only need to know up until 1945 I got told... the sylabus asks for no more than from when she gets arrested. Tell me if I'm wrong! Thanks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)