• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Study Group (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
AHA wow so many people posted today while i was actually studying. Therefore there's proof: the study group was a success as it actually got me to do work! And not just any work... twas my chem notes *shivers*

lyounamu said:
btw, victor = some sexy fob who is like a girl magnet. :D
It's a new, official math equation now being taught internationally at all schools :p

Doctor Jolly said:
+1
I think that although today was good fun, we really have reached out maximum in terms of people coming in. We got yelled at my security - twice (once by some man and another time by an anonymous shusher).
Lol yeah, unfortunately we can't have anymore people :( The short silence following the shush was funny :rofl:

the-derivative said:
Also thank you Namu for the sheet.
Thanks heaps for the sheet Namu, it's up on my wall now and makes me smile + study every time i look at it :D

AHA ROFL at the money handling.... some of you are sooooooooooooooo cheap XD

lyounamu said:
By briefly "reviewing" the problem we had today, I came to conclusiont that we didn't really know what to do. I guess we will somehow have to sort that out. And another problem was that it was a little bit awkward at first. But we don't have that problem now! oh wait...we have new people, meh, that's not much.

I will suggest that people give me private message from our group members who wish to study maths on the next time about the topics that they want to do. Just give me a list (about 3 topics for each 3/4 maths) then I can take the most popular ones and we can basically study together on those topics. Then we know that we will be on the same line and we can get all the past papers too specially on that topic. That way, I don't need to be such an idiot and carry 8+ books (and end up filling them out on the paper...):p :p :p

Anyway, please pm me. I want to get that figured out. And for English nerds, we are fine I guess because everyone basically does different prescribe text apart from the belonging definition and etc.
I think i'm quite sweet with math right now. I'll gladly photocopy some questions though if i'm bothered XD But i'll probably be doing modern history while you guys are doing math hehe coz i need to get my major's research done =="

I can't wait for the next one!! When i got home i dun dun dunnn studied, after some tekken of course :D

And don't worry youngminii, no one will bite (unless i get hungry)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
annabackwards said:
It's a new, official math equation now being taught internationally at all schools :p
Alongside namu = jay chou

annabackwards said:
Lol yeah, unfortunately we can't have anymore people :( The short silence following the shush was funny :rofl:
That was my favourite part of the day :)
*Us BoSers talking so loudly*
Lady: SHHHHHHHHH!!
BoSers: o.o" *look around laughing*

annabackwards said:
AHA ROFL at the money handling.... some of you are sooooooooooooooo cheap XD
HAHA yes! That was hilarious too. Nathan's face when we said we'd give the waiter a tip was unforgettable.

annabackwards said:
I can't wait for the next one!! When i got home i dun dun dunnn studied, after some tekken of course :D
I have honestly never seen someone play games so much as you Anna.

Last edited:

dp624

HSC
Congrats on a successful first meeting guys, hope this end up really working well =P

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
Congrats on a successful first meeting guys, hope this end up really working well =P
At the end of the day, we will sing "How Far We've Come" by Matchbox Twenty. :p

@everyone on study group: we are currently discussing about the university open days too. I think anna and jeffery mentioned that...and I think it's a good idea. I hope you guys read over the message soon and reply. :uhhuh:

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
At the end of the day, we will sing "How Far We've Come" by Matchbox Twenty. :p

@everyone on study group: we are currently discussing about the university open days too. I think anna and jeffery mentioned that...and I think it's a good idea. I hope you guys read over the message soon and reply. :uhhuh:
I'm still contemplating if I will go, but I will let you guys know asap.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
I'm still contemplating if I will go, but I will let you guys know asap.
Yeah, I am not even sure if I will go because I am not sure if I can expect anything useful...

bubblesss

HSC
oooh u guys r going to the uni open day together???
if anyones not coming can you join me in:shy: plz!!!!!

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
Yeah, I am not even sure if I will go because I am not sure if I can expect anything useful...
yeah I tend to find that those lectures tell me things I already know, or stuff I can get off my sisters .. but I'll probably go just to see you BoS people again :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bubblesss said:
oooh u guys r going to the uni open day together???
if anyones not coming can you join me in:shy: plz!!!!!
I guess we are not really stricted by number of position during the uni open day. So I guess we might meet you up, haha. :wave:

@yvonne: agreed. I have this feeling that this lecture is going to be very similar to the one that I attended for cosmo which was a complete waste of my time except the graduation part and some lecture on cosmo.

bubblesss

HSC
cool!!
i already know tat all my school friends won't be going because they don't give a crap about the HSC and stuff...so it would be nice to go with people who actually care about the HSC.:cool:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Alongside namu = jay chou

That was my favourite part of the day :)
*Us BoSers talking so loudly*
Lady: SHHHHHHHHH!!
BoSers: o.o" *look around laughing*

HAHA yes! That was hilarious too. Nathan's face when we said we'd give the waiter a tip was unforgettable.

I have honestly never seen someone play games so much as you Anna.
We NEED to yell in a super quiet library. I wonder if they'll really kick us out aha.

Really? WOW you need to hang out at galaxy world more often ahaha XD
Nah i'm not that bad... my friend plays more games than i do hehe.

But Nathan, aha what a super cheap, cheap, cheap peep he is.

lyounamu said:
I guess we are not really stricted by number of position during the uni open day. So I guess we might meet you up, haha. :wave:

@yvonne: agreed. I have this feeling that this lecture is going to be very similar to the one that I attended for cosmo which was a complete waste of my time except the graduation part and some lecture on cosmo.
Yay more BOS peeps ^^ Maybe you should PM the organiser???

But Namu, you'll get to see us again. And i'll get to roam around UNSW- i know USyd like the back of my hand but not UNSW... yet ^^

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
annabackwards said:
We NEED to yell in a super quiet library. I wonder if they'll really kick us out aha.

But Nathan, aha what a super cheap, cheap, cheap peep he is.

Yay more BOS peeps ^^ Maybe you should PM the organiser???

But Namu, you'll get to see us again. And i'll get to roam around UNSW- i know USyd like the back of my hand but not UNSW... yet ^^
I guess this lecture will be on an entirely (LOL) different scale then, haha. Yeah, cosmo would have been bad if I didn't have any company on that day such as Nathan or Jeffery.

BTW, don't bag nathan out. There were other(s) who was/were cheaper than him...*coughvictorcough*, oh wait...i am no better...

youngminii

Banned
HSC
annabackwards said:
You guys went to Galaxy? NO WAY. Go again on the next day :hammer:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
youngminii said:
You guys went to Galaxy? NO WAY. Go again on the next day :hammer:
LOL

We didn't. Now everyone would be thinking that this is a study party :drink: :drink: :drink: instead of a study group...:read: :read: :read:

youngminii

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
LOL

We didn't. Now everyone would be thinking that this is a study party :drink: :drink: :drink: instead of a study group...:read: :read: :read:
Oh yeah.. Study group :read:
:haha:

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
I guess this lecture will be on an entirely (LOL) different scale then, haha. Yeah, cosmo would have been bad if I didn't have any company on that day such as Nathan or Jeffery.

BTW, don't bag nathan out. There were other(s) who was/were cheaper than him...*coughvictorcough*, oh wait...i am no better...
I've been to an Accounting and Finance Lecture - my sister sneaked me in one day :) It was an awesome experience, and I actually understood the Finance stuff when most people didn't! So that's my memory of a lecture at UNSW.

LOL Namu! We were so cheap. It was funny. We're so Asian :spin:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
I've been to an Accounting and Finance Lecture - my sister sneaked me in one day :) It was an awesome experience, and I actually understood the Finance stuff when most people didn't! So that's my memory of a lecture at UNSW.

LOL Namu! We were so cheap. It was funny. We're so Asian :spin:
Wow, that's awesome. I just had an awesome debate with my parents why I should do university courses that I want!!! ...............but I lost. :mad:

Anyway, I am taking that you are going then?

BTW, shhhhhh!!! we are losing some future potential study members here. :eek:

dp624

HSC
So what is it that you want vs what your rents want? I had a talk to them too lawl, but I don't really know what I want so yea

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
So what is it that you want vs what your rents want? I had a talk to them too lawl, but I don't really know what I want so yea
I wanted to do something that wouldn't be too dry and boring...

I mean, I reckon actuarial would sound okay but I was leaning towards finance, accounting and other stuff but my mum was going "NO!!! wth are you on about? even i am doing accounting!" and she made some harsh comments that I don't really want to put on here. :( :( :(

She told me to do something that is highly regarded, valued and "unique". And I was going, "what about combined law...?" then my mum went :spin: :party: :music: :) :hat: :skip: :monkey: but my next comment "....with finance and accounting" made her :( :chainsaw: :ninja: :bomb: :mad1: :rudolf: .

Anyway, I guess I am deviating little from the focus of this thread. Please excuse me.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
Wow, that's awesome. I just had an awesome debate with my parents why I should do university courses that I want!!! ...............but I lost. :mad:

Anyway, I am taking that you are going then?

BTW, shhhhhh!!! we are losing some future potential study members here. :eek:
Namu, if you need some little advice about Accounting and Finance, ask me. My whole family are accountants. LOL! I actually asked my sister's bf if he knew your mum because he works at PwC too.

Oh I probably can go, but I feel really bad for my mum. I think she thinks I'm going out too much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)