Study Guides (1 Viewer)

enak101

HSC
I plan on taking my HSC very seriously aiming for a 95 atar as you can see in my sig. What 'study guides' would you reccomend?

I do

-Ancient History
-PDHPE
-2U Math
-Adv English
-Business Studies
-Biology

I've heard of success one and cambridge checkpoints, couldn't find out much about them? Which ones do you like?

eshay lad 69

HSC
N/A
I plan on taking my HSC very seriously aiming for a 95 atar as you can see in my sig. What 'study guides' would you reccomend?

I do

-Ancient History
-PDHPE
-2U Math
-Adv English
-Business Studies
-Biology

I've heard of success one and cambridge checkpoints, couldn't find out much about them? Which ones do you like?
your not taking the HSC serious with those subjects.

CaffeineMotor

HSC
I've used Cambridge Checkpoints in year 11 and am now getting ones on all my HSC subjects. I think they're good in terms of lay out and information and cover quite a lot, they also use common HSC questions etc. The Biology ones are especially good.

such_such

HSC
^ @CaffeineMotor

Are you getting the 2012 ones or waiting until December 2012 for the 2013 ones?

CaffeineMotor

HSC
^ @CaffeineMotor

Are you getting the 2012 ones or waiting until December 2012 for the 2013 ones?
2012 ones, there's going to be barely any change in the 2 so I hardly doubt its worth worrying about, especially since there won't be any syllabus changes.

madharris

HSC
N/A
To be honest, I don't think study guides are helpful unless you're really struggling.
Most of them (from my experience) are just like textbooks in that they have a lot of useless information. Most of the time they don't address your case study or example so you won't be able to use it for the dot point.

If you have to buy a study guide, I would recommend one with questions, or if you want to use one with information, then just borrow one from the library

CaffeineMotor

HSC
^^ Well the Cambridge ones are all questions.

Not to mention realistically they're good just to tackle once you've already gotten your syllabus notes down pact so that you can see where you are in the subject.

findx

HSC
Ancient History - Macquarie
Business Studies - Excel or Creative Business Studies

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Adv English - Oxford HSC English (depends what text you're doing but it fits me and it's fantastic), Checkpoints Advanced English, TopNotes
Business Studies - Creative Business Studies, Business Studies in Action 4th edition

ali2536

HSC
Is Cambridge Checkpoints good for Chemistry, Physics and Legal Studies?
Cambridge Checkpoints is good for Chemistry, has lots of questions for each topic (Production of Materials....etc.. including Options) Would definitely recommend! Also for Biology a good textbook is Biology in Contexts (I think that's what its called). Hope this helps! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)