Study Habits (1 Viewer)

Jaden Cross

HSC
I was just wondering what everyone did to study, generally?
2 hour blocks per subject or shorter to revise more in a day?
How long do you dedicated to studying per day?
And what about weekends?
Anyone listen to music whilst studying?

Yeah...

Personally I'm trying to train myself for Yr 12 so I have a schedule that I follow. I'm doing about 1 to 2 hour blocks per subject and fitting in 3 subjects per day. On the weekends I do the same as I do for school days so I manage to cover all my subjects. I always listen to music while studying and I'm talking about louder music rather than just easy-listening; I'm used to noise surrounding me so it doesn't really bother me.

Sonata

HSC
i dun study, i cram in the stuff before the day of the exams whcih has cause crappy marks

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
simple note taking during class using shorthand (in any language u like).

go home stick it in the folder of that subject
end of week write out the notes in full words
read them monthly and highlight key points/words (weekly will jsut be troublesome)

5-6 weeks before exams read them over. type up summaries of ur notes (ie. the keywrods only) then read them over the moment you finish writing them up

read a subejct a day.

2-3 weeks before exams is just practice papers
1 week before - relaxxxxx do whateverrrrrrr you deserve it.
day before exams - might want to review notes, otherwise just enjoy.

ASDFGHJKL:""

HSC
My Study Plan

Weeknights: 30 minutes study on each subject including 20 minutes reading about subject related articles in SMH. + listen to summary notes recorded on iPod.

Weekends: Record notes + summaries done through week and do past papers/make multi choice quizes and swap with friends.

Is this a good study plan? I would appreciate your feedback.

Last edited:

Vars5

HSC
ASDFGHJKL:"" said:
including 20 minutes reading about subject related articles in SMH.
Well I am assuming your talking about subjects like economics that need the up to date statistics.

I find that if you create a RSS feed in your browser for e.g. SMH-business then you have all the headlines right at your fingertips without having to go and search for them. I think 20mins a night is overkill but collect articles during the week and making summaries on the weekend (max. 45min - 60min a week)

Any that's what I think

ASDFGHJKL:"" said:
listen to summary notes recorded on iPod.
I have never tried this, but I reckon if it works then why not?

Last edited by a moderator:

Le3sah

HSC
I try to study a week before my exams but end up forgetting everything after a few days.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Um, a bit of revision the night before.

A lot of cramming in the half-hour leading up to the exam.

Yeah, this is why I'm failing Year 11.

Yamiyo

HSC
Languages: Write up vocab lists/translations well in advance for exams. I start learning them about a week before.
Maths: Usually we do enough revision in class for regular tests. For exams, I do past papers and then focus on questions I still can't do, starting about a week before.
English: Write up points to use in an essay the night before the exam.
Sciences: Write up big blocks of notes at various points in the term. Before exams I go over them and do less practice than I should. :(

So basically, write notes months in advance and then cram them all in the night before. :)

Jaden Cross

HSC
tommykins said:
simple note taking during class using shorthand (in any language u like).

go home stick it in the folder of that subject
end of week write out the notes in full words
read them monthly and highlight key points/words (weekly will jsut be troublesome)

5-6 weeks before exams read them over. type up summaries of ur notes (ie. the keywrods only) then read them over the moment you finish writing them up

read a subejct a day.

2-3 weeks before exams is just practice papers
1 week before - relaxxxxx do whateverrrrrrr you deserve it.
day before exams - might want to review notes, otherwise just enjoy.
Wow, that sounds like a good plan. I think I'll try it for the HSC =]

@ ASDFGHJKL - Do you get the recorded notes from your teachers or do you have to record it yourself? I don't actually have an iPod so I'm not sure of the functions >.>;;

ASDFGHJKL:""

HSC
Jaden Cross said:
Wow, that sounds like a good plan. I think I'll try it for the HSC =]

@ ASDFGHJKL - Do you get the recorded notes from your teachers or do you have to record it yourself? I don't actually have an iPod so I'm not sure of the functions >.>;;
I record them myself. I had to buy an extra part to record them. You can do it on your computer i think.

Haecce

HSC
Yeah, the night before and the morning of an exam/in-class assessment is usually the only time I'll study as such. I am looking to improve.

My main problem is that in most of my classes we're handed pages upon pages of text-book photocopies and if anything, simply asked to do the questions. I really don't know how to make notes when presented with such a large volume of non-easily digestible material.

Zephyrio

HSC
Making notes should be easy if you understand the material.

So ask yourself if you understand the stuff you're doing in class. If you don't, ask your teacher. Then the stomach acid and other mutant enzymes will turn your cellulose schoolwork into digestable material. Then you'll be able to write notes. :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)