Study notes how many pages? (1 Viewer)

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
I cant study off hand written things, no matter how neat they are

scora

HSC
i found writing my notes out for year11 worked wonders- for very important information i used a highlighter

shakky15

HSC
writing is great for the short term coz you retain what you write.. but when you come back to study from them, you don't want to read over them - so type them and write them out by hand when you study.. or better yet, use your typed up notes to write extendeds or short answer responses so that you arent just memorising content but engaging with it at the same time..

a lot of marks in the HSC are lost because the question isnt answered properly (ie - if it asks to discuss then its gotta have the positives/negatives otherwise you lose marks even if all the content is right).. On that note, dont memorise essays, particularly for english because in the HSC the questions tend to get specific and a generic essay just wont fit, unless you can cut and add stuff to your prepared essay on the spot to better answer the question.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
shakky15 said:
a lot of marks in the HSC are lost because the question isnt answered properly (ie - if it asks to discuss then its gotta have the positives/negatives otherwise you lose marks even if all the content is right).. On that note, dont memorise essays, particularly for english because in the HSC the questions tend to get specific and a generic essay just wont fit, unless you can cut and add stuff to your prepared essay on the spot to better answer the question.
Yeah, instead of spending so much time trying to memorise content, what should really be concentrated on, is the understanding and application of content to different scenarios.

BabyK

HSC
BoyNextDoor said:
I have notes for all my subjects.
My Business Studies notes are from one of those textbook summary sites, which is pretty good. :)
For SDD I think I have about 60 pages of notes....which is quite a lot!
which site??? im in desperate need of notes :(

chewnugm

HSC
U can't remember too many pages of notes, summarise and condense. i got physics including option down to 32 pages hand written and i got Chemistry donwn to 25 including option.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
50 pages typed WW1, 50 Germany
20 pages conflict in the pacific, 25 albert speer
15ish for each ancient topic (yeah, fuck you modern) (60)
not many at all for ext history... few pages mainly of quotes
english none

205?

mandathepanda

HSC
Rhanoct said:
50 pages typed WW1, 50 Germany
20 pages conflict in the pacific, 25 albert speer

oh the joys of modern!!!!.....you managed to have more self control after ww1 i see though .
however for all subjects regardless i work well with extremely detailed notes

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
lyounamu said:
It depends on individuals. I had a look at few HSC notes submitted on Boredofstudies, Ahmad Shah Idil had about 30000 words altogether in his bio notes.

And from someone that I bought the notes from, she also had 40000 words altogether. But it really depends.
Ahmad Shah Idil got 4th in the state, so i wouldn't underestimate his notes

mugzy07

HSC
notes is only half the studying...

no point having 9000 pages of notes if you cant apply it to exams
e.g. maths, legal studies.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Yes, I love his chem notes! =D
I had a bit of a panic attack right before trials- my chem notes just spontaneously deleted themselves off my USB, no idea why =S
So I used his =) And actually managed to pass, WOO.

shakky15

HSC
his notes definately cover everything but arent they a bit too long?? way too detailed if you ask me - no way i can memorise/study all of that! I think he must have come 4th in the state because he spent all that time writing the damn notes not studying them lol..

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ahmad's note is alright. I looked through yr 11 and seems like a study guide rather than complete set of his own notes. I guess the same thing may apply to his hsc notes.

Persoanally, I would make my own notes and refer to his notes if I need to.

Animals

Banned
HSC
My study notes for Business studies are like 130 pages long. For legal and Economics, I just use my Macquarie study guide and study out of that. Same for English.

Macquarie study guides FTW!

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
lol i got about 70 between physics and bio without inclusion of pracs

dont know why people buy other peoples notes. Also i find using other notes its best not to rely on them but use them to write ur own set with lots of other sources but thats just me.

also for for making ur notes best way to i found do it is over the entire course of the year so u parrellel them with what ur doing in class.

shakky15

HSC
Animals said:
My study notes for Business studies are like 130 pages long. For legal and Economics, I just use my Macquarie study guide and study out of that. Same for English.

Macquarie study guides FTW!
Macquarie english is not bad - definately the best out there though..

Macquarie chemistry ftw... consice and useful, but i dont have a copy :(

eco notes - approx 60-65 pages all up.. (but i havent summarised enviro management, price and incomes policy, labour market programs.) thats probbaly going to add about 6 pages if i bother (probably wont.. notes arent doing much for me)

With chem notes, try to limit the number of pages to about 4 for each focus point, that includes pracs and also includes typing out the words of the outcomes too... that takes up a lot of space lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)