study schedule for trials? (1 Viewer)

joannaadele

HSC
every time i sit down to do a practice paper / response i get distracted and never end up doing it. i do content heavy subjects and im worries about my lack of a study plan. would anybody tell me the best way to revise for these subjects for trials considering the amount of time i have left. also pls share your plan and the most effective method for your study

Adv Paper 1 (3 Days)
Adv Paper 2 (4 Days)
SOR1 (4 Days)
HIX (6 Days)
Maths (8 Days)
Modern History (9 Days)
Society and Culture (11 Days)

alexishingston

HSC
Hello! I can't offer fantastic advice as I'm in year 11 but I am doing accelerated subjects and completed two trial exams around two weeks ago as our trials were brought forward.
1. Download the Pomodoro app. As of right now, downloading an app seems pretty counterproductive but I have trouble with distractions and this really helps me focus. You can adjust the time intervals (mines on 25 minutes) to what suits you and I do use it daily.
2. I hope I didn't misinterpret your timetable but instead of days, set hours dedicated to one subject. What I do is I plan out my day/week early in the morning, and maybe during school if I have time setting out what time I should spend on each subject. I know it sounds simple, but I'm a pretty unmotivated person as well and the notion of "only one hour" works.
Example:
Monday
English - 2 hours
Maths - 1.5 hours
Etc.
Personally I think allocating days to each subject isn't very efficient as you're better off studying as much subjects as you can per day. Perhaps organise them to other relevant subjects or separate the subjects with heavier content to make it easier for you. Have alternating days for your timetable:
Monday:
Biology (1 hr) 4-5pm
Maths (2 hrs) 5:15-7:15pm
Tuesday:
Physics
English
Wednesday
Bio
Maths
3. Just do it (????). Sounds simple, but you're wasting time right now! Come on mate, pull your shit together and get going. You've only got one shot and you KNOW that trials are vital. Get your notes sorted now. Think of all your distractions and get rid of them. Change your study environment maybe, I like to study outside or at the library rather than at home.
Go do your practice papers! Take advantage of your resources and the education you were fortunate enough to receive. Best of luck. [emoji5]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexishingston

HSC
Also, sleep early and wake up early! You get a lot more done and you feel less like crap. [emoji16] But maybe that's just me being a morning person because I wake up at around 4-5am naturally and sleep at about 9-10pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)