Study time! (2 Viewers)

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
Well i would 'like' to study more but i've got alot of extra-curricular commitments as well, though i think what i'm doing now is quite reasonable for the beggining of year 11. .. oh and omg to the guy who's working from 4pm-12am straight, it's probably better if you have a balance.

On a weekday for homework i spend probably around 1 - 3 hours a night depending how much is set. I then try for around 2 hours of study though it usually ends up being 1. The rest of my time is eating, piano practise, chatting online and doing stuff for SRC or whatnot.

Weekends i work for like all of saturday, and sunday is relaxing or practising piano with some homework thrown in.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
simonloo said:
To Shoreboy z600: We are going to own your asses in Debating.
ISDA or GPS? Playing you guys this weekend

Last edited:

PrettyVacant

HSC
Last night I stayed up to about 11:30 doing maths hw, then woke up at 3am to keep doing it...About like, 4 hours in total, I'd say! (Maths only) :( Then I had to cram all my other work in!

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
PrettyVacant said:
Last night I stayed up to about 11:30 doing maths hw, then woke up at 3am to keep doing it...About like, 4 hours in total, I'd say! (Maths only) :( Then I had to cram all my other work in!
You guys use the Cambridge book?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah, especially with those Extension questions :eek:. Does anyone use Fitzpatrick or Coroneous?

LiL-Azn

R-R-Remix!!
HSC
Being in year 11 is harder than i thought! Year 10 was so much of a bludge. i got all band 5 for the school cert. Will the HSC be easy like the SC? What am i suppose to be studying exactly? Is studying subjects simply revising and reading the textbooks? :confused:
I get worried when everyone says to me they are doing their homework and spend loads of time on school work. I dont see how they can do that. I have made a time schedule of studying 1 hour a subject a day after homework?

Do i need to study more?
Gosh i hate studying... =P

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
PrettyVacant said:
Yes, yes we do. =(

Its not too hard atm, its probably we only doing it in order of chapter. Cant wait till i burn the bitch up:mad1:

As for the post above me
People who brag how long they study are largely up themselve liars who just want to make up story to put people off.
You should vary your study time depending on your workload. Rest and time off is important, it relaxes your mind and
refreshes it. You can also multitaks while doing homework, read the chapter that correspons to the homework
question and make notes on them. Kill THREE birds with one stone.

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Will the HSC be easy like the SC?
NO

Just try modifying your time management, and balancing all the aspects of your life. I think studying for 1-2 hour a night is pretty much sufficient, as homework takes the majority of your time.

PrettyVacant

HSC
LiL-Azn said:
Being in year 11 is harder than i thought! Year 10 was so much of a bludge. i got all band 5 for the school cert. Will the HSC be easy like the SC? What am i suppose to be studying exactly? Is studying subjects simply revising and reading the textbooks? :confused:
I get worried when everyone says to me they are doing their homework and spend loads of time on school work. I dont see how they can do that. I have made a time schedule of studying 1 hour a subject a day after homework?

Do i need to study more?
Gosh i hate studying... =P
Timetabling doesn't work well, it's prioritising that pwns.

PrettyVacant

HSC
z600 said:
Its not too hard atm, its probably we only doing it in order of chapter. Cant wait till i burn the bitch up:mad1:
The textbook is rather heavy. :*(

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
PrettyVacant said:
Wait till next year, the size is halved but the question difficulties probably doubles..........

LiL-Azn

R-R-Remix!!
HSC
I dont even want to think about next year right now. Thanks for the tips. The load of assignments are slowly building up.. AHHH!! The Stress! English is the worst, i gota write 3250 words in 3 text forms :/
I cant wait for uni.. (sarcastically)

Biology, Business, Chemistry, English Standard, IPT, Math Standard.. :D

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
What a stupid english assessment you would never need to write that much in an exam for one section so no reason why they should have an assessment making you.

And you don't have to go to you so :p.

IceOnFire

HSC
PrettyVacant said:
Yeah you get a textbook for practically every subject you got.

I had to carry them all day because my school is too pov to get lockers. :(

P

pLuvia

Leech off other people :p or the teachers :)

That's what I did, especially with the English texts

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
Kujah said:
Yeah, especially with those Extension questions :eek:. Does anyone use Fitzpatrick or Coroneous?
Fitzpatrick user right here.

It's not too bad, but i wish there was a bit of colour =P so i can see where the exercises start and end!

cs01001

HSC
Fitzpatrick and Kounchman user here. Shall start Maths in Focus and Cambridge soon!

Is Maths in Focus really that shitty?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Good for understanding the concepts, but basic exercises.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)