Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
- make notes from the syllabus
- Conquering Chemistry

Alkanes

HSC
Uhh that was obvious tips mate.

I answered your question on here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=265452 along with other members.

Heres a tip: I think for chem it's very important to get your skills work right. So know how to write and balance chemical equations for a chemical reactions and clean up your calculations (moles, enthalpy, molarity etc).

And one thing people mistaken that if they have the best textbook they will get good marks. It's all about constant practice. But if i had to name a textbook i would recommend Jacaranda/Conquering Chemistry and maybe Excel study guide.

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Of course the tips are going to be obvious - there's no hidden secret to anything, it's just doing the obvious stuff and doing it well.

simadine1

HSC
i'm not an expert as to what textbook to use, but study tips depend on your individual learning style.

what i did for prelim chem nearing to the exam was to get a cardboard A3 sheet and write everything i had learned onto it (really summarized so i only used the one paper with small writing). when you spend time summarizing really well and condense-like, you'll remember it more because you put the time into doing it.

i also can't stress enough the importance pf doing practice questions - i know i should have done more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)